(Solved) Starship Vampire iray mats crash Studio

IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,116

The iray materials presets for the Starship Vampire are causing my Studio to crash.The 3Delight materials seem to work just fine.

Could someone else try this out to see if it's just me?

I'm seeing the crash when I use iray preview mode in the viewport, and when I start the render.

Post edited by IceCrMn on

Comments

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

same here.

Support said that this will be solved with next Studio Version.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,116

Thanks HoMart.

I guess we have to wait for the new version of Studio then :(

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Odd, it works OK for me. Have you upgraded to D|S 4.8.0.59 yet? I haven't, I'm still on .55 — sometimes things break in an update, then get fixed in the next version. The Iray render looks pretty good. Glowy shiny bits!

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I'm not getting the crash. I've tried a few renders but haven't let them finish, and I tried the iray preview mode. I use 4.8.0.59 for Mac.

yes, this is in the release version.

I have the beta installed aswell,,I've not tried in that one yet.

I'll see if it's something in my settings.

edited October 2015

here's the crash report log from the last crash.

at the end where it says rendering,,it really means crashing,,this is when it crashes :(

edit:adding xml report (it's got better info)

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    txt
    txt
    errorlogxml.txt
    Post edited by IceCrMn on

ok,,tried the beta,,it still crashes on the iray shaders,,3Delight shaders work though.

I'm fine using the 3Delight shaders, I can change the emissive stuff and glass to iray shaders easy enough.

Still don't know what is different about my setup that makes the iray shaders not work  *shrug*

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,903
    edited October 2015

Yeah, I'm rendering it fine. Both matt types. Odd.
     (and wow, this is a nice ship!)

Hmm. Looks like the laser rays don't have emission temperature (easily added)

Post edited by Oso3D on

Progress *cheer*

If I remove all of the base color textures, I don't get the crash anymore,,,.I also don't get base color textures :(

Putting them back in one at a time doesn't seem to make a difference yet.No matter what order I put them back in , after I get 6 of them D|S crashes.Doesn't seem to matter what 6 I put back in.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

I'm interested in the comment about working on the next version of Daz. :)

Yay!!!!!! it's fixed in the beta  :)

• In version 4.8.0.59, if you turn off CPU rendering in the Advanced Tab, assuming you have an NVIDA GPU, the problem goes away. You do pay the price in render time, but the render will complete without crashing. I have found this problem wirh several items and this 'work around' has always solved the problem for me.

• I'm having a similar problem, but the work around didn't work for me.  I'm hoping this is fixed in the next version.