Smart Content gone - postgre won't start

Hello there,

Today I wanted to reimport the metadata and things went way too quick. I didn't quite understand why that happened and when daz was finished all my smart content was gone. First I tried to start the cms, but to no avail. I reinstalled daz and removed the database files(I still have the backups of course). I noticed before that there was no instance of the postgre service in the task manager. So reinstalled postgre as well, but nothing works, still everything is gone and postgre won't start no matter what I try. :(

What can I do next? I miss my daz content.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

That happened to me yesterday and no matter what I did it wouldn't work. I ended up rolling windows back to a previous state and re-importing the Meta data and user which brought everything back, as far as I can tell anyway :)

• Fishtales said:

That happened to me yesterday and no matter what I did it wouldn't work. I ended up rolling windows back to a previous state and re-importing the Meta data and user which brought everything back, as far as I can tell anyway :)

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure there's a different solution, I'd rather not do rollbacks if it happens again..

• thchacksuitethchacksuite Posts: 32
    edited October 2015

Found this line in the database logfile:

Postgres cannot access the server configuration file "C:/Users/xxxxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/cms/ContentCluster/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory

I really don't understand what's going on, shouldn't that file be created when I install daz??? Reinstalled and rebooted, but still the same issue..

Also when I click "start cms", I can see pg_ctl.exe appears in the task manager for a few seconds and then gets shutdown.

Post edited by thchacksuite on
  • Ok this is how I fixed it.

Uninstall all DAZ products including postgre cms > restart computer > reinstall > reset database (you should now see postgre.exe instances pop up in your task manager)

Hope this helps anyone bumping into this issue.