Loft Dance Studio mirror issue and more

Ok when i load even the base settings for ready rendering and or the whole ready render set the mirrors do not reflect....  i have tried everything.  i have to remove the background part of the scene just to light up the scene.   Theis product is not what itlooks like out of the box.  I see the photos in the product and it is a fully lit room.  not so when you load this.  i iray render it and it is black until i remove the background,  still no good as displayed in the product....  The morror dont even relect and even if they do a little it is so dark is like haveing a black wall instead.

Please assist.

Thanks.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,438

What lights do you have in the scene? You have to have a good one to see a reflection

• frank0314 said:

What lights do you have in the scene? You have to have a good one to see a reflection

The lights come with the product.  There is a full tab that loads it all, including the lights that come with it.  No good.  i even have tried all types of lights.  nope.  nothing works.  i even cleared the scene and just loaded the product.  It renders black, until you remove the background and then some light filters into the windows.  Even then its no where close to what the product states it can resemble when rendering.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

I don't have this set, but it sounds like what you have is a scene made ready to render in the 3Delight render engine.

Have you tried it in 3Delight to see if it works?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited October 2015

Product description says the lights is UberEnvironment 2, that's a 3Delight light. You will need an Iray mirror shader to get it to reflect in an Iray render.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

To render mirrors in Iray, apply the Metal - Aluminum - Polished shader (in the DAZ Uber shader preset folder) to the mirror surfaces.

• Lindsey said:

To render mirrors in Iray, apply the Metal - Aluminum - Polished shader (in the DAZ Uber shader preset folder) to the mirror surfaces.

Thank you Lindsey! I just had the same question, found this thread and your answer solved the issue. With these settings applied the mirrors render perfect in Iray smiley

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

You're welcome!  I learned this from a posting in another thread... Just paying it forward!