Is this hair in the store or is it a kitbash? (solved)

ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969
edited July 2023 in Product Suggestions

https://www.daz3d.com/js-katey-for-genesis-9-feminine

Just saw this girl and I was wondering if this hair is in the store or if is it a great kitbashed hairstyle,  I love the crisscross part.  It's the main promo with the platinum blonde hair.  Sorry but Daz is not letting me upload a pix

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on

Comments

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

It has a 3DUniverse look about it, but I don't see it in their store.

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 415

Following because that hair would be an instant buy :)

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

I know I saw a hair with a crisis cross part sometime in the last few months while looking through all the sale categories. Whether it was a product or only a promo for a character is anyone's guess. It may even have been at a different store. Something in my head suggests it may have been on an Asian character. I don't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase. I just know I've seen one someplace in the recent past.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

I have seen it also, just can't remember when. It maybe a kitbash or from Rendo. But my fragmented brain is saying I saw a thread where it was ID'd as a kitbash by the artist, I thought was Mousso, but I went through the PA's store and couldn't track down an image of it. So, maybe it was a fever dream?

• Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 120

It comes with the Kayla character from RareStone + Nirvana: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/79989/start

But it seems like the figure got removed from the shop, can't tell you why. Maybe you'll find it in some other shop, good luck.

• BigueNiqueBigueNique Posts: 17

Mr_Fluffkin said:

It comes with the Kayla character from RareStone + Nirvana: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/79989/start

But it seems like the figure got removed from the shop, can't tell you why. Maybe you'll find it in some other shop, good luck.

Wow! Well done! This is it!

HD Kayla Remake and Kayla Hair for Genesis 8 Female

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Hopefully some people grabbed it when it was available.

I am embarrased to say I do have her and the hair, and I didn't realize it. In my defense all the thumbnails obscure that part of the hair completely or the hat in the main thumbnail does it, so I never got a solid look at it.

Looking at the hair in the screen, a person could replicate the hair for themselves in real life by pulling sections of their hair over to the opposite side in the forehead area, in two or three sections. I think. Kind of like weaving loosely, but it would be subject to falling apart with out pins or something.

• Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 120

I was surprised that no one identified her, because I think she was a very popular figure. At least I saw her quite often in the galleries when she got released. I'm glad I could help and I hope you can still find her somewhere. Maybe just write a PM to the PA to ask if he still offers her somewhere.wink

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Rarestone is no longer a Daz PA. Was a period at Rendorosity, but have also left there.

I don't think it is known where she(?) is.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

mmm unrelated but checking my library apparently with the new store thumbnails are removed for pulled products 

that is really going to piss me off

I checked all of RareStone's products in my DIM and they still have their thumbnails. But that is not to say they may disappear. I have had to go and recreate thumbnails where the DAZ default ones has been inserted for old and new, beautiful ones the PA did for my libraries. I am a visual person and that is how I recognize a product and why Smart Content works for me and the 'My DAZ 3D Content' doesn't, except in a few cases, like scripts and complex shaders.

I wonder if that page is unique to her or is it a pattern of the new store design. If so that is a serious problem. We rely on that page for older products to tell us what they were and it was bad enough when material sets no longer told us what product they were for. Drives me nuts. 

I meant here in my DAZ product library https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_79989

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I meant here in my DAZ product library https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_79989

I have seen the same. Rather annoying. 

I have gotten into the habit of taking a snap shot of the store page when i buy a product and saving it in a folder.  Never trust the internet for stuff still being there at a later date when you're looking for it.

• felis said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

The whole page is just spinning for me, I suspect this is a bug soemwhere rather than the intended behaviour so I will add it to the other notes on problem files for checking.

Richard Haseltine said:

felis said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

The whole page is just spinning for me, I suspect this is a bug soemwhere rather than the intended behaviour so I will add it to the other notes on problem files for checking.

do you own it? 

I bought kayla and this is what is seen

What concerns me more is I can't manually download the Daz House Cat with dforce hair, the pproduct page  just doesn't give the manual download option.  very strange.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

Richard Haseltine said:

felis said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

do you own it? 

Oh.

edited July 2023

I do have an image in my DIM Thumbnail download file, 79989.jpg and in Runtime/Support has the thumbnail. I just realized I would not be able to attach the image, but open your own DIM and lookup DAZ_3D_79989_HD_Kayla_Remake_and_Kayla_Hair_for_Genesis_8_Female.jpg and see if you have an image. I have saved my copy of that file to my Google folder for moving thumbnails from one computer to another. That way if DAZ comes along and wipes my copy out I have a copy.

I tried to link to the Google address but all I get is that Lorem text stuff and can't get rid of it. That never happened before the uploading issues we started having on the forums this summer.

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on

I would have it in DIM too but I often use the onsite library to search stuff too and this suggests retired products are losing their thumbnail and maybe readmes, file lists will follow

Yeah, me too. Especially when names are being changed to accomadate newer items or old items. When a PA such as Moyra leaves, that left a huge number of texture sets with no cross-reference to their product they worked on. The only way I can connect what something matches to, it to create a folder for under the main PA with the base items, then the promos for all the textures that I bought for it. And I still have bits and pieces of her and others work floating around in my DIM Install trying to figure out what it goes with and if I have the main item installed again. (Lots of crashes and new computers since 2016.)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Products that have been removed from the store, can usually still be found at Posercontent (dot) com

Yes but we are dealing with ones we own that were removed after we bought them. DAZ will continue to let us download but the Technical page keeps getting reduced in what it reflects for reference purposes. I am lucky that soon after I started buying, I began making copies of every promo page and saving them, along with my shopping cart and the email confirmation. (Color me anal retentive but I have had to go back to those files to track things down too many times, either for my own needs or to help others.)

But knowing that link to where you can find something is still a good thing.

Mary