just a shout out...Mel3D asked me a question...

So in the replicate brush you can choose which objects you can use..I used my animated 2D tree's and everything was awesome because you can chose which 5 objects you wanted to use and based on your choices...well the sky actually is the limit...Experiment with the replicate brush...you all might be surprised on what you actually can do with that brush...just sayin...

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,136

foleypro - hey Brian, nice to see you here. Can you tell me what you mean by "replicate brush" and what program does have such a tool?

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Long time no see Brian! What's been up man? I assume ou're talking about the Instancing Lab?

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Does the Instance Lab have coalition detection? Like the drop arrow in the main construct 

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 463

Rashad Carter said:

Long time no see Brian! What's been up man? I assume ou're talking about the Instancing Lab?

Yes sir it is the replicate brush in the instance lab

edited August 2023

S Ray said:

Does the Instance Lab have coalition detection? Like the drop arrow in the main construct 

yes

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Horo said:

foleypro - hey Brian, nice to see you here. Can you tell me what you mean by "replicate brush" and what program does have such a tool?

Bryce instancing lab has the replicate brush...the pic I attached was used in the Betatesting of the replicate brush...I used 5 different 2D tree's of mine to make the pic...

B7_FPtrees_4.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 47K

what maybe a thousand instances on that mountain...?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,012

Wow that's amazing, Foleypro, personally I have not been successful with the instancing lab, although I have Rashad's detailed notes. 

Very nicely done, Foleypro. Yes, I know (a bit) how the IL works.

For those interested in the Instacing Lab, I have three tutorials as PDFs on my website. All three were published on the old forum here at Daz 3D. I got the permission from all three authors to assemble them to a PDF and offer them on my website.

1: How to use the Instancing Lab in Byce 7.1 Pro - A complete tutorial by Rashad Carter - July 2012.
    The Instancing Lab is a great addition that happened to Bryce 7.1 Pro. Unfortunately, the documentation is missing and the usage is not so obvious as it appears. In this document Rashad offers more than just starting help. 8 pages (1 MB). Link:
    https://horo.ch/docs/guests/pdf/InstancingLab_Rashad.pdf

2: Instancing Lab Tutorial Parts 1 to 6 Completed by Kine_magiK - December 2012.
    The Instancing Lab is a great addition that happened to Bryce 7.1 Pro. Unfortunately, the documentation is missing and the usage is not so obvious as it appears. This document is a detailed guide for the successful use. 62 pages, 201 pictures (34 MB). Link:
    https://horo.ch/docs/guests/pdf/InstancingLab_Kine_magiK.pdf

3: Bryce Instancing Without the Instancing Lab – A Tutorial by Art Wade — December 2015.
    Bryce can also instance objects without the Instancing Lab. This is a bit more elaborate but much easier to handle. In this document Fencepost52 shows in a step-by-step tutorial how a grassy landscape can be created. 9 pages (2.1 MB). Link:
    https://horo.ch/docs/guests/pdf/InstancingWithoutLab.pdf

Hope it helps.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,012

Thanks Horo for the links.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

thanks for the Links Horo.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,760

I use the instancing lab regularly, but generally not with thousands of items. One issue is that trees e.g. land on the ground, not in the ground. But it still can work, if you know how (and Horo has told us).