SPAM you cannot open!

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
edited August 2012 in The Commons

found what I thought/think is a spam post but cannot view it!
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6419/
so how do I report it?
will report MY post instead!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited December 1969

but I cannot do THAT either!!!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

The spammer is no more.

edited December 1969

ah, so it was an opened and emptied spam can!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

ah, so it was an opened and emptied spam can!

*burp*

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 1969

God I hate spammers. There is a sea of molten, rotting (Hormel foods) SPAM in hell,just for them. I'm going to have to pull at least one of my freebies from ShareCG because one of these clown bastards keeps spamming the comments and I will not them use my content to ply their vile deceitful trade.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Most spambots work on keywords, so there must be a word in your title or description that is triggering the attacks.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 1969

It is in the comments section for a particular model- (Specimen case).
    I report it and within 12-20 hours it is removed and several hours later it is replaced by another ad for the exact same website ( a chinese company offering fake high end designer goods ), only under a different/new Username.

My keywords for the model are: specimen case,stasis case,stasis container,alien container,display case.

Am I being overly sensitive that this annoys me so much? I feel like I'm getting all bent out of shape because this company is repeatedly spamming the site (not just me but a few others too), but at the same time it just bothers me to see them trying to scam people with their fake goods and using other people's resources for their own benefit.

edited December 1969

case
    is another word for bag so most likely the culprit
    one solution may be calling it just a display for specimens and write specimen case on the jpg

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

sharecg cannot have as robust a system as us for dealing with spam then, you may have noticed that there isn't nearly as much spam getting through as used to on the old system, and once spotted it is dealt with far quicker. That is one of the few good things about this new forum.

Post edited by Chohole on