Trouble uploading images?

Just curious if the Carrara forum is having trouble uploading images to threads.  We are having a 'sometimes' problem in the Bryce forum and I wondered if it was just our forum or not.

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Yes, I just failed to load an image, either pasted or attached.  I dunno ... 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

@NGartplay, Same for me.  When I try to upload images as attachments directly to my post, it fails morre often than not.  A workaround suggested by @Bunyip02 is to load to the Daz3d gallery, BUT DO NOT PUBLISH.  Repeat, go to the gallery, upload a new image, use the 'save' button, but DO NOT CLICK THE PUBLISH BUTTON.  You should now have your image uploaded to the gallery where you can see it, but no one else can see it there while it is not published.  Then right click on the image and choose 'Copy Image Address.'  You can then paste that address as the URL for attachments to your posts without it appearing in your gallery to anyone else.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,844

Thanks both.  Domede, can I copy and paste your explanation to the Bryce forum?

Absolutely.  But all credit goes to @Bunyip02.  Might test first to make sure I did not miss a step.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

very weird.. must be a timezone thing as I've had no trouble posting images between 10am and 4pm AEDT ... ( Aussie eastern Daylight Time )

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858

Stezza said:

very weird.. must be a timezone thing as I've had no trouble posting images between 10am and 4pm AEDT ... ( Aussie eastern Daylight Time )

can confirm

just added latest animation  frame to a post where 10 hours ago I had to cladestinely host one in my gallery  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,511

Working now

Test.JPG
    793 x 139 - 17K

Still working, although took a bit longer.

Test2.PNG
    242 x 174 - 10K

Working still

Test3.PNG
    223 x 174 - 10K

It works for me if I have insomnia and try to post something at 2:00 a.m.

aliens.jpg
    395 x 354 - 40K

Now it gives "Failed to write file to disk" for one file and stuck on Uploading with another file

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858
    edited July 2023

timezone related suggests a possible internet traffic bottleneck issue where DAZ is lower in priority rather than something on DAZ's end

someone must know

... or is it when they plug in the morning kettle?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

It looks like it's working from 9PM Daztime to 2AM Daztime, let's see if it's the same tomorrow.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,739

I have not been able to find a particular time, maybe others have had more luck ....

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,844

Thanks Diomede.  It works for me sometimes and sometimes not.  Going to check out Richard's link.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811
    edited July 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

timezone related suggests a possible internet traffic bottleneck issue where DAZ is lower in priority rather than something on DAZ's end

someone must know

... or is it when they plug in the morning kettle?

probably tightening the belt and lowering bandwidth to save some pennies ... wink 

Uploads.png
    640 x 480 - 450K
    Post edited by Stezza on