Need 8.1 Figures to be able to use 8.0 tattoos

I am sure it's out there, but I am looking for a way for Genesis 8.a figures to take Genesis 8.0 tattoos, especially for the body. As an example, if I used a 8.0 hip tattoo on a 8.1 figure, that tattoo transferred to the neck.  Additionally, I used a freebie back tattoo designed for 8.0 and part of the tattoo transfered to the back of the head

Thoughts?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

G8 and G8.1 uses different surfaces.

I don't know how the tattoo is intended used.

But if you apply a geoshell to G8.1 then you can set the shell to G8 UV. You just need to be aware of that it still uses G8.1 surfaces, so you might have to apply the tattoo manually, so it comes to the right surfaces.

• I was thinking geoshell would be the answer, but I am trying to find the product (if one exists)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

I haven't seen a product like that. I tried using the geoshell way awhile back myself, and even though the geoshell can use the base G8 UVs, I couldn't get the tattoos to apply to the geoshell. You can always use G8 textures on G8.1 and then apply the tattoos

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

Load the tattoo onto an 8.1 dev load set to G8 UVs, then Map Transfer to 8.1 UVs. I'm using only G8.1 figures for my animation project, and a number of them have tattoos and other products that were made for G8, so I've had to do this a few times.

• drucdruc Posts: 399

Are the tattoos transparent images? If so, have you tried the layered image editor feature? Go to the Surfaces tab. Locate the surface you want. Click on the "Base colour" image box. Then in the pop up choose "layered image editor" up the top.  Click the plus symbol then add "image layer" it will open a search window. Go find your tattoo and load it in. you can then move it and re-size it until it is where you want and the size you want. It doesn't alter your textures, just places a layer over it in that particular project.