Third party installation

Hi! I'm very new to 3rd party software.

Trying to drag and drop hair files from rendosatiy.i have latest version of Daz 

there are 3 files.i do not believe I am putting 

them in the right folder . I get the color shaders but not the template.any help on proper  installation would be great.

Thank you.

Comments

• Are the items DAZ Studio format or Poser format?

• shankshank Posts: 29

i belive it fits poser and daz..

unzip the file on your hard drive and then drag the unzipped folder right 
    into  your main Poser/DS4.6 Content directory

were would that be on the newer daz???

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

It depends on how the product was packaged.  They are often a little different from one to the next.  You need to drag the folders that are at the level of a poser Runtime (which might be poser files, or might be DAZ Studio files, or both), not the folder that contains them.

You can actually put those top level folders anywhere (well, not nested inside another content's subfolder) and then in the Content Library pane's menu, select Content Directory manager, then add the new folder as one or both DAZ Studio and Poser content as appropriate (or just look to see what your folders are and use one of the ones that has already been added, such as the default one(s).

If you are creating a new folder, just move them there. If you want them alongside your other content, then you'll have to manually merge all the folders/subfolders or get the unzip lined up to do it for you.

ok will give it a shot thank you.laughyes