Possible Workaround for Uploading Images

In the Carrara forum Diomede posted a possible workaround by Bunyip for uploading images.  He said this, quote:

A workaround suggested by @Bunyip02 is to load to the Daz3d gallery, BUT DO NOT PUBLISH.  Repeat, go to the gallery, upload a new image, use the 'save' button, but DO NOT CLICK THE PUBLISH BUTTON.  You should now have your image uploaded to the gallery where you can see it, but no one else can see it there while it is not published.  Then right click on the image and choose 'Copy Image Address.'  You can then paste that address as the URL for attachments to your posts without it appearing in your gallery to anyone else.

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,010

Thanks NGartplay

I tried this way but found if the image is not published, it does not appear in my gallery, and I can only see it if I paste the url in the address bar; I also found that using the gallery works sometimes; when the image didn't show I needed to edit my post to edit the link. For me it is better to use  links from my Pinterest account or get up early to catch Horo's "morning" timing. laugh

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,136

NGartplay - thank you, I've read this on another thread and this is not an option for me.

mermaid - I was just a few minutes too late this morning and I'll try to upload tomorrow earlier.

Horo said:

NGartplay - thank you, I've read this on another thread and this is not an option for me.

mermaid - I was just a few minutes too late this morning and I'll try to upload tomorrow earlier.

The early bird catches the worm laugh 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,989

and  " does'nt  have to save  ,,   Neither  +  Thanx

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,845

mermaid, I have a terrible time with Pinterest.  I tried that because of your suggestion.  I find it confusing.

edited July 2023

Sorry to hear that NGartplay, Pinterest is not everyone's cup of tea.

I love it, really enjoy using it and I have Boards for all David and Horo's products which I have. I started the account to save knitting and crochet patterns and today the majority of my images are Bryce related. I also include links to tutorials and products I used in the comments for easy reference in the future.

The only drawbacks I found is that portrait or squared images are preferred over landscape orientation and it is not public friendly- an account is needed to browse freely.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,845

mermaid, I just to use it more often to figure it out.

Yes try it for a while, maybe you will like it