Weird alien head ridge

IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This is the second time this has happened.  Last time the only way I was able to get rid of it was to completely uninstall daz and re install.  NOT willing to do this again. I have far too much content on here to try and remember where all the freebies that I have loaded came from.  Not to mention the hours and hours of time tracking them down.  I have checked every single morph and they are all set to zero.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

over in the "Show us your iray renders" thread L'ADiar made a post about this.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/57355/show-us-your-iray-renders-part-iv/p84

While working on a book cover, using an older character, I manually tweaked the settings for Iray. but I kept messing up the settings while tweaking other things, so I created a character preset. Turns out DS saved a ton of morphs into My Library for G2F. (C:\Users\Admin\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\) These morphs were being applied to all G2F models when the duf file was loaded, unless I'd specifically removed them and saved the file.

I did a lot of testing before I came to the conclusion it was safe to remove everything inside of C:\Users\Admin\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D.

Here is the part I think you'll want.Probably might want to read the whole thing though ;)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you!  I did find a button at the top left right next to the parameter, posing shaping that said remove all presets or return to original or something like that, that seems to have fixed the problem. Going to go read up though cause when it happens it drives me nuts.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

You're welcome,,

btw,,if you find the button you pushed to fix this,,could you post it :) some of us have had the same problem and couldn't figure it out .

I will.  but I am not sure if pushing that button is what lost all of my poser files so I am going to advize caution. Haven't figured out what caused it but its the only thing I did that was different than normal.

edited October 2015

Okay you can see the drop down box on the upper right side by the pose, shaping, parameters tab.  If you count seven down there is a button that says restore.  It gives you two options, which are pretty much self explanatory.  I clicked on restore shape I think and it went back to normal.

daz reset button.jpg
    628 x 394 - 35K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on