Poser content in Daz Studio is Gone

All of my poser content (the part that you can't really access from the daz studio side of things) has completely disappeared.  the link my daz library under poser leads nowhere.  I didn't take anything out and have not messed with the directory.  Any ideas on what happened and how I can get it back.  I had a TON of freebies loaded that all worked just fine.  Until an hour ago when they disappeared. 

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Search the entire computer for a filename that you think was there, also search the Windows trash bin.  Maybe a folder got accidentally deleted or moved to an unexpected location, or a link got broken.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ya  I did a file search but it just ended up making 8 new directories.  None of which really worked.  I have most of the zip files on my desktop so I am going to uninstall and reinstall then start unzipping files.  but it sucks to have to spend hours reloading.  I haven't been anywhere near folders today and it was all there a couple of hours ago.  went to start a new scene and they were just gone

edited October 2015

Deleting as I posted in the wrong subject

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited October 2015

Deleteing as I posted in the wrong thread

Untitled-1.jpg
    628 x 394 - 97K

Well I posted this in the wrong thread.  My apologies!  the screenshot above was for a different question.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585

I bet all your missing content turns up posted in that other thread. cheeky 

Okay this is just crazy.  What is going on?  Opened my laptop, opened daz studio and my poser content is gone from there as well.  I havent touched the files on the laptop since the last time I loaded a scene about 4 days ago.  And I did NOTHING but turn the laptop on and open daz studio.  Yet my link to the poser daz my library has disappeared.  I am starting to get very very frustrated. I am not an idiot and know I did nothing to any of the files.

so I did some research in my files etc.  It seems that the poser portion just lost the connection to the files.  They are stll in the DAZ3 Studio files in my documents, in the correct place daz just can't find them for some reason.  So I copied all the files to a file on my desktop.  Deleted everything in the runtime folder,  then copied it all back to the runtime folder and now my poser files are showing.  Saved me hours and hours of reloading content.  I tried the search my files, hard drive etc. and it still wasn't finding it so I hope that if anyone else runs in to this it will help.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

What's the full path to your content?

Documents/public documents/ daz3 my library/ runtime I believe.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Can you post a screenshot of that path...from Windows?

edited October 2015

I can try lol. It will be a bit, at dinner at the moment.

Hope this is what you are asking for.

Screen Shot File Path Daz Studios.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 150K

One of the things that can cause the sudden disapperance of Poser format content is 'nesting'...at the level you have shown, there is no nesting.  Now expand the Runtime folder...and post a screenshot of it. 

edited October 2015

Ahh there is a runtime in the runtime.  I am guessing that is nesting?

Screen Shot File Path Daz Studios 2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 109K
  • Yes, merge the stuff from the inner Runtime with the outer Runtime and make sure the Runtime folder itself isn't in the list of content directories - only the My DAZ 3D Library shold be listed for that location.

So if the runtime is listedi n the content directories (inside the program right not in windows?)what do I do with it?  I'm sorry, I am really not stupid, just new. 

In the Poser formats section of the Content Directory Manager, it should stop at My Daz 3D Library...or look just like the Daz format section.  That is if that is the mapped Runtime.

Okay so inside of Daz Its Poser Formats -> My Daz 3D Library -> the list of Camera, Figures, Hair Etc.  And its working much better now.  It looks like I might have to re install a couple of things but other than that its working much better.  Thank you so much everyone for your patience and help!