How do you deal with items that need multple collision objects?

I'm using The Short Order Cook outfit on a character, and am having issues with pokethrough, Took care a a bunch of them with Poke-Away and Fit control, but am having issues with the apron in some animations... If I set the Apron to colide with Genesis, it makes a big mess with both the shirt and the pants. If I set it to colide with the shirt, I have problems with it passing through the pants, and same when I set it to colide with the pants... So when you have a item that is going to colide with multiple other items, what's the best course of action? invisible body suit? something else? I can work it out on a single frame render, but for animation, it's not working so hot at the moment.

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899

That's a very good question. I'm inclined to go with invisible body suits.

What you might try, off the top of my head:

Pants -> invisible suit A collides with it -> shirt collides with invisible suit A -> invisible suit B collides with either suit A or shirt -> apron collides with suit B.

The problem, with collision, is that I think pants/shirts often lack any information on areas they don't cover, so you loose the onion layers.

Another thing to consider is having fit and collision set to different targets.

• djigneodjigneo Posts: 283
    edited October 2015

If you're just doing a single frame and need to get it to work, perhaps explore [Create > New D-former] as a way of widening / shrinking certain mesh areas of the clothing. If you're unfamiliar with the feature, it's essentially a way to create custom "morphs" for any geometry. Check http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dform/dform_anatomy for more info on how to get it working.

Edit: Derr, you said you were working on an animation. Regardless, you can animate the deform strength & position just like any slider, so that is still a viable approach, especially if it's just coaxing the meshes close enough to have the Smoothing modifiers play nice.

Post edited by djigneo on