I did not find a good solution for (male) body hair so far - any suggestions?

I tested some of the body hair products on daz store but none of them satisfied me. Some of them seem to be buggy (or at least I did not understand how they work) and if they worked technically I did not like how they looked when rendered. Some of these products work with geoshells which seem to confuse my Dicktator setting. Some of them worked with stranded based hair which may look through clothing (and at least the product I tested looked awful)... 

So I would like to know how you guys add body hair to your daz figures?

Comments

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited July 2023

I like this one: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/119035/oh-my-body-hair-for-genesis-3-male, yes It's G3 but it autofits to G8 just fine. I haven't tried it on G9 though. There is also this one: https://www.daz3d.com/cc-shave-this--body-hair-for-genesis-8-males, but I don't own it so i can't speak to how well it works or if it works with G9.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236
    edited July 2023

you can use SBH Editor to make your own.  jepes g8 char comes with sbh body hair you can edit.  not sure about their g9 character.

to eliminate pokethrough, just render twice, once with sbh once without, then composite in post. can use the spot renderer to assist with compositing by just rendering out small sections

Post edited by lilweep on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,779

By far the best solution I know of for male body hair on G3/8/8.1 is Jepe's Geoshell solution:

https://www.daz3d.com/jepes-bodyhair-project-78

https://www.daz3d.com/jepes-body-hair-project-81

Use this free add-on if you're working with Meipe's Geograft product: https://www.deviantart.com/jepegraphics/art/Dicktator-v-3-Addon-for-Bodyhair-Project-78-81-788219456

Only the armpits are not the best. But it's very easy to make the armpits (or any other part) partially or completely invisible by manipulating the maps in photoshop.

I will often use Jepe's Geoshell product with partially removed armpits, in combination with Redz' Oh My Bodyhair fibermesh armpits and Tempesta's Realistic Strips pubic hair (both available at Renderosity), although it should be noted that Realistic Strips only works well with DAZ' standard anatomical elements, not with Meipe's.

Good luck!

• DissendiorDissendior Posts: 110

Ah sorry... I did not see the notification that there were responses to my post here! 

Thank you for these tips... I tried Jepes body hair but were not so very much satisfied but maybe I will give it another try.

• JPJP Posts: 60
    edited February 20

Dissendior said:

Ah sorry... I did not see the notification that there were responses to my post here! 

Thank you for these tips... I tried Jepes body hair but were not so very much satisfied but maybe I will give it another try.

Sorry for the late post. Your best results will be to create fibermesh hairs in Zbrush by painting a mask on the areas that you want to have bodyhair. You can create multiple masks in ZBrush and blur the edges. Then you export multiple hair meshes back to Daz3D. You could perhaps do 5 versions. Each one contracting to the inner most hair model, with the hair also getting longer towards the center. And you can assign darker materials to the inner layer. That way the hair blends out. What works well is applying a car paint color to the hair. That way it will reflect nicely. Or you can go with a matte paint. There is no need to apply any textures, the hair get their color variations depending on how the light hits it.

The only drawback with this is you have to do this per pose. If there is a big change in the figure pose you'll have to repaint the hair all over. Well, that's how I understand it. Perhaps someone else can clarify.

Here's a tutorial that illustrates how it works. There are other videos on Youtube that show how to get your figure mesh to ZBrush and return your modified work back to Daz.

Post edited by JP on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

JP said:

Dissendior said:

Sorry for the late post. Your best results will be to create fibermesh hairs in Zbrush by painting a mask on the areas that you want to have bodyhair. You can create multiple masks in ZBrush and blur the edges. Then you export multiple hair meshes back to Daz3D. You could perhaps do 5 versions. Each one contracting to the inner most hair model, with the hair also getting longer towards the center. And you can assign darker materials to the inner layer. That way the hair blends out. What works well is applying a car paint color to the hair. That way it will reflect nicely. Or you can go with a matte paint. There is no need to apply any textures, the hair get their color variations depending on how the light hits it.

The only drawback with this is you have to do this per pose. If there is a big change in the figure pose you'll have to repaint the hair all over. Well, that's how I understand it. Perhaps someone else can clarify.

Here's a tutorial that illustrates how it works. There are other videos on Youtube that show how to get your figure mesh to ZBrush and return your modified work back to Daz.

why would you go through all that when you can just use the native SBH Editor tool in daz