Slow Render node.

Hi all, a few days ago I ran some tests. I have 3 machines, an old i7 4 core, a new win 10  i9 8 core, and a very new win 11 i7 12 core laptop.

I ran render tests with task manager open on all and they all ran full bore. Today I tried renders with different configurations, and it seemed slow, the i7 was only running 7 percent CPU.

So I switched to just the 12 core laptop and it seems much faster. Could it be a Scene setting that is screwing up network rendering? ugh, would love to use all three as I am doing animations with many frames.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Brad

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Box8068_31c338ee4b said:

So I switched to just the 12 core laptop and it seems much faster.

No answer, just a comment.  I render Carrara animations on a 12 core/24 thread AMD machine, typically get just a few seconds per frame. Even VUE renders fairly quickly for its stunning environments, making animations feasible, not the case with my older machines at a minute or more per frame.

I enter the 48 Hour Film contest (a five minute animation in two days, given a random genre, prop, character and line of dialogue).  That machine makes render time less of a problem, plus I do have two other older quad core i7 machine to allow sound and Photoshop work while the animation renders.  I doubt a network render would be a major plus, but I've never tried it. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858

I tried rendernode and didn't find it useful at all, if doing animations I just render different parts of a scene on both computers, it's much faster