New product versus Updates

I appreciate and understand a DAZ PA creating a product and when DAZ provides an update, like a Genesis figure update, the PA releases a new product (which is a new version) of a previous product they have released. For example, the Turbo Loader for Genesis 9. There is a product for Genesis 3, 8 & 8.1, and 9.

However, it would be beneficial for the consumer to have a single product that is updated to add the new scripts instead of purchasing a new product with every update. Having an update would reduce the number of products in the library and ease the use of the asset by combining all the scripts under one main product.

My guess is that the current marketplace does not provide a means to charge and pay for an update. This benefits the PA but certainly not the consumer. I would happily pay for an update if that option was available rather than have to buy a new product and add it to my library.

Comments

• The trouble there would be that it would leave the product existing in two versions - with and without the update - which would be a support nightmare.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

I think they mean buying the update should replace the product in your library 

I find this annoying too having 2 versions of the same thing Ok if you just install one but needs hiding in DIM the your C drive dies and returns to haunt you and you install the wrong one surprise

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

A potential solution for a product like Turbo Loader is that Turbo Loader itself is the product, and you buy the specific modules that you want for Turbo Loader that don't appear as separate products in your library. I have no idea how something like that would be implemented, though.