Getting DSON Importer for Poser installed

When I used DIM to try to install DSON IMporter for Poser (Win 64 bit) on my 64 bit system, I got the following error message:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "DSON Importer for Poser (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Poser Pro 2014, Pro 2012 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

Using DAZ 4.8 Pro, I tried going into Edit>Preferences>Content Library> Content Directory Manager

Under Content Sets> I added a New Content set, then added path for my Poser Formats - so reads D:/Program Files/Smith Micro / Poser Pro 2014 (which is the path to my poser installation).

When I re-opened DAZ Studio, it looks like much of my DAZ content went missing - and I still can't install DSON Importer.

Any suggestions on what I need to do from here to install the importer and get my DZ content back?

Is there a way to make daz re-scan?

O also have a RobDAZ forlder which contains a runtime with lots of items - do I just add that as a directory for both studio and poser formats?

Thanks

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You don't need the DSON Importer to import Poser files to Studio, it is for importing DSON files in to Poser.  f you do have Poser follow these instructions for installing it to Poser.  In DIM click on the little cog icon to open preferences.  Go to the Applications tab (like the error message says) and click the + sign at the bottom to add a new application.  Click on the name of the app to change to Poser andthe version you have and the bit type, click the "..." button to navigate to the folder that has the Poser exe file.

• jestmart - thank you for those clear instructions; not sure why I made the faulty assumption that I needed to modify my paths inside of DAZ as opposed to the DIM - but have Poser 2014 plugged into the DIM and DSON properly installed.

Also, found an incorrect path in DAZ preferences for my main daz runtime and have that corrected now.

Thanks for the help!