unable to find serial number or purchase/trial information

I'm really stumped. I think I downloaded DazStudio (It's in Applications). I also thought I was downloading for a trial. I guess not, because I need to enter a serial number. Unfortunately, there is no link to purchase with a serial number nor a trial. Can someone tell me where I should look? I keep logging in and it works, but then it asks me to download. I have the DAZ3DIM installed and it is currently downloading stuff.

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

The license keys are under My Account -> Serial numbers

(Click the blue figure in the top right to get to the "My account" page.)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Daz Studio is free, so no need to have a trial version.

• ebasirebasir Posts: 7
    Ati2 said:

The license keys are under My Account -> Serial numbers

(Click the blue figure in the top right to get to the "My account" page.)

Thank you. So now I have two Daz applications (Macintosh 10.6.8 operating system). One is in a folder called DAZStudio3 (which does not accept the serial number I found) and the other is in a Folder called DAZStudio4 64-Bit (that one seems to open and run fine).

Also, how much does it cost (assuming I am in trial mode).

Chohole said:

Daz Studio is free, so no need to have a trial version.

Oh, free! I did not know that. Thanks.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2015

Aye, and there is a load of stuff included with it, most of which you also need to dowload. You need the 3 Starter Essentials packs, for a start.

Post edited by Chohole on

Got it thanks.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Note that you probably won't need all of those extra downloads. The 3D Bridge is only useful if you have a recent(ish) version of Photoshop. The Content Creator Toolkit is exactly that, if you won't be making your own content you won't need it. The FBX plugin is, I think useful for sharing animations with other 3D programs. GoZ is for use with the ZBrush program. Texture Atlas is useful if you want to convert D|S content for use in a game engine. All the other downloads are the actual free content you get with DAZ|Studio.

Note that you probably won't need all of those extra downloads. The 3D Bridge is only useful if you have a recent(ish) version of Photoshop. The Content Creator Toolkit is exactly that, if you won't be making your own content you won't need it. The FBX plugin is, I think useful for sharing animations with other 3D programs. GoZ is for use with the ZBrush program. Texture Atlas is useful if you want to convert D|S content for use in a game engine. All the other downloads are the actual free content you get with DAZ|Studio.

Oh that's good to know. I'll be using Daz to create special poses of animals or objects to use as models that I import into Manga Studio for basic references when I draw.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Content Creator Kit, FBX Importing and Texture Atlas are all built in to the current Pro version of Studio.  Subsurface Shader base is part of the Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio 4.8+ package.  There is no need to download those old installers as they would probably just break things.

Oh that's good to know. I'll be using Daz to create special poses of animals or objects to use as models that I import into Manga Studio for basic references when

jestmart said:

Content Creator Kit, FBX Importing and Texture Atlas are all built in to the current Pro version of Studio.  Subsurface Shader base is part of the Default Lights and Shaders for DAZ Studio 4.8+ package.  There is no need to download those old installers as they would probably just break things.

Oops. OK. I think I installed them. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the info.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    ebasir said:
    Oops. OK. I think I installed them. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the info.

It's not too serious; at worst, if Weird Stuff™ happens, you might need to re-install only the D|S program. That will replace the old plugin versions in the standalone installers with the current versions in the D|S installer.

ebasir said:

It's not too serious; at worst, if Weird Stuff™ happens, you might need to re-install only the D|S program. That will replace the old plugin versions in the standalone installers with the current versions in the D|S installer.

Cool. You all are very helpful. Thank you.