Carrara Challenge #20: A Room With A View - Voting Ended - WINNERS announced :)

2»

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

My votes would be:

1.  #4 Philemo

2.  #5 Pimpy

3.  #3 Stezza

But difficult to call as they are all very creative!

• LotharenLotharen Posts: 282

My Votes, in no particulare order:

1. #2 Evilproducer

2. #4 Philemo

3. #5 Space Impact

They were all very well done! Great job everyone.

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited October 2015

Thank you McGuiver, PhilW, Lotharen and Dartanbeck, much appriciated wink

Post edited by FifthElement on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

great month to be a winner !

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

My vote :

Entry #: 2    Title: A View in the Room    Artist: evilproducer

Entry No. 6  Title of the render: Home Owner    Artist name: Diomede

Entry #: 5     Title: Space Impact     Artist: Pimpy

• Wow! I thought I'd missed the voting and was feeling a bit bummed out by this, but I see I can still vote!

My votes, by entry order are:

Entry #1, by Diomede.

Entry #3, by Stezza.

Entry #5, by Pimpy.

They're all great examples of imagination, and each is very original and show what can be done with Carrara!

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

Here are my votes 

Entry # 1     Title: NPR - Non Photo Rapunzel    Artist: Diomede

Entry # 3     Title: Curiosity Killed the Kat          Artist: Stezza

Entry # 5     Title: Space Impact                       Artist: Pimpy

Well done everyone.

And thank you to FifthElement for organizing this. 

I'm sorry that I haven't found the time to participate this time, but I have been following the WIP's and it is as always fun to see the ways that these challenges can be solved.

• Voting still open for another hour, lol smiley

• I fell asleep last nite before midnight, my apologies, lol.

Anyways, looks like we broke the tie. Me and Diomede are counting votes now, no more voting it looks like, thank you all again,  ya all stay tuned for the results smiley

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Hey, if I am counting the votes - I won!  You know, even Monopoly has that "Bank error in your favor" community chest card.  Just kidding.  Thanks to FifthElement for hosting during his move and picking such a great theme.  Congratulations to everyone who participated in the WIP thread, as well.  There were some great WIPs again that were not submitted as final entries.  I understand that people don't get a chance to finish (happens to me), but it makes me sad. 

• OK ladies and gentlemen, we now have the winners and they are:

1. First place              (20 votes):   pimpy           (Title: Space Impact, Entry No.5)                    Award:  $100.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)

2. Second place         (17 votes):   evilproducer  (Title: A View In The Room, Entry No.2)          Award:    $50.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)

3. Third place            (16 votes):    Philemo       (Title: Good morning dystopia, Entry No.4)       Award:    $25.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)

4. Honorary mention  (11 votes):   Stezza         (Title: Curiosity Killed the Kat, Entry No.3)       Award:    $10.00 towards DAZ 3D owned item(s)

Congratulations to ya all, thanks again for participating and to all the people that have voted.

Sorry for a little confusion about inviting some people to vote, I just sent private message to about 15 more frequent members of this forum and asked them to cast their votes in if they have time, not to necesserally break the tie, just to pile up more votes, some of them responded (which I'm thankful for) and some did not, I did this because lots of folks do not access this particular forum often enough and they probably missed this thread.

Anyways, on my way to send messages to these fine folks...

Cheers smiley

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited November 2015

Hi Fifth Element ...I'm sorry but I'm little confused. Are you sure I'm the winner? I was in tie with Philermo for the 2nd and 3rd place. The winner at the ends of the regular vote is Evilproducer.

I had the same in the october challenge hosted by SukyL ( pulp magazine....) and the vote was for the tie from me and Evilproducer

----------In this Challeng there is a tie ------ 

Fifth Element: "OK ya all, that's it, voting is now EXTENDED for two more days (it ends now on SUNDAY November 1st  23:59:59 CST (GMT-6), we have one tie."

Diomede:  "Not sure how or if this matters, but the tie was for 2nd between Pimpy and Philemo.  Here is rule #3 - "In the event of a tie, there will either be a 2 day run-off period or a neutral third party will be asked to cast a tie-breaking vote."  So I think we are in a two day run off for 2nd?  I believe FifthEement is breaking rocks, or otherwise earning a living, so interpret as you will until we get further clarification.

Dartanbeck: "Ouch, a tie for second between those two titles? I can see the dilema! That's a tough tie to figure out! 

It's a tough call between them. But I choose Entry #5 Title: Space Impact    Artist: Pimpy 

Here goes. I don't like picking between two images like that. That was a tough call and could have gone either way. I really like Philemo's entry as well. So in the end, it was the compositional flow of Space Impact that took it."

Post edited by pimpy on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Congrats to all, and a warm "Thank You" for entering! What a pleasure to see! Very nice work going into these contests.

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited November 2015

Hey Pimpy, yep, (i think) im sure, I simply extended entire voting period for 2 more extra days for everybody, that is what people decided, not me, it was a tie, but in those 2 days you got more votes, i did not think it would be fair to just vote for second and third place and leave person in the first place after regular voting period unaffected.

English is not my first language, but what my interpretation of the rule 3 was that in a case of the tie voting would be extended for 2 extra days and then if we still have a tie third party (DAZ mod) would be asked to vote between two entries in question.

I sincierly apologize to all if I misunderstood this sad

Just to be clear, I also had 2 anonimous votes which affected this as well, again, sorry for the confusion guys sad

Please, ya all tell me what to do to make this right, i would like to fix this, I hope evilproducer is not pissed at me because of it blush

Post edited by FifthElement on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Nice work, congrats to the winners! Beautiful to see such wonderful entries. I like how they are challenges, not contests. 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Congrats, Pimpy!!  And to all the others.

Often it's lack of time or commitments that keep many away from participating.  But it's inspirational to see what the contestants dream up and follow the WIPs and vote.

More please!

yes SileneUK

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Congrats to all participants, especially the winners.

Maybe I can find the time for the next one.

Hey Pimpy, yep, (i think) im sure, I simply extended entire voting period for 2 more extra days for everybody, that is what people decided, not me, it was a tie, but in those 2 days you got more votes, i did not think it would be fair to just vote for second and third place and leave person in the first place after regular voting period unaffected.

English is not my first language, but what my interpretation of the rule 3 was that in a case of the tie voting would be extended for 2 extra days and then if we still have a tie third party (DAZ mod) would be asked to vote between two entries in question.

I sincierly apologize to all if I misunderstood this sad

Just to be clear, I also had 2 anonimous votes which affected this as well, again, sorry for the confusion guys sad

Please, ya all tell me what to do to make this right, i would like to fix this, I hope evilproducer is not pissed at me because of it blush

you called it - vote done now .

Winners stand .

@ Fifth Element - I'm sorry but obviously, I did not understand the rules of the contest.

I'm really happy to host the next challenge and congratulation to the other winners and partecipants.

Many thanks to those who voted, to Daz, the great sponsor, and of course to Diomede and Fifth Elementh for having hosted this challenge.

Thank you!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

another challenge done and dusted..

congrats to all you prize winners great renders and WiPs in this one ;-)

Well done Pimpy look forward to what you come up with in the next challenge

• Congratulations to the winners!  Lots of great entries again this month.

• Thanks for all the votes everybody!

They were all really great entries!

There were also many great artists that had some really cool WIPs in the WIP thread that didn't enter. It would have been great if they had been entered as well. Even though the artists decided not to enter or forgot, that's still okay, as they were very kind to share their vision, techniques and work flow with us. So, even if you didn't enter, I want to say a very sincere thank you!

• pimpy said:

@ Fifth Element - I'm sorry but obviously, I did not understand the rules of the contest.

I'm really happy to host the next challenge and congratulation to the other winners and partecipants.

Many thanks to those who voted, to Daz, the great sponsor, and of course to Diomede and Fifth Elementh for having hosted this challenge.

Thank you!

Well, looks like we just came full circle, all the winners got their prizes, so at your earliest covinience you can start a new challenge, it was my first, was a bit bumpy, but I know better now, if you need any help, just let me know smiley

pimpy said:

Thank you!

Well, looks like we just came full circle, all the winners got their prizes, so at your earliest covinience you can start a new challenge, it was my first, was a bit bumpy, but I know better now, if you need any help, just let me know smiley

Thank you for your help Fifth Element , and I hope to see you as partecipant in the next challenge wink

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If any of you are bored while waiting for the next Challenge you could come and play in the Mod Challenge

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited November 2015

Not sure if this counts as repurposing.  This is the Boudoir Whispers bra as an over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder.  Yes, rainy day boredom here.  wink

over shouldr boulder holder.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K
    Post edited by Diomede on

when does the new Challenge start ?

bigh said:

when does the new Challenge start ?

Very soon! wink

• I am happy .. for participation
    all that I made this with Carrara program 8Pro
    ranging from modeling and rendering .......
    if you want to see my work links

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25468550@N03/
    http://jayoes3d.wix.com/presentasi
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/3D/305592772838907?ref=hl
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Interior-Designer-3D-presentasi/368837816477791?ref=hl 

thanks

Jayoes