Exporting a secondary FigureShape (attached to the main Shape) with Morphs? (4.8)

Hey to all, apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum to post in, for my following issue with exportation from DAZ.

The problem is, I cannot seem to solve how to export a secondary FigureShape (Grafts) which are parented to the original Shape/Figure itself, with the their own Morphs. DAZStudio, acts as if the Morph's themselves for the attached Graft don't exist, and will only show/export the ORIGINAL Figure's Morphs and will not show/export the attached ones (from Grafts). Deleting the original Figure will also not solve the issue (for merging seperatly later on externally), as DAZStudio seems to discard any orphaned Grafts and it's morphs without a parent (even if the link was broken).

For a more robust example; I would like to export the Genesis Figure with the Morphs for Head. So far it works well in FBX format. Everything is fine.

Now, I would like to export my Gensis Figure with a second Figure/Graft attached to it (be it sexual organs/cyber-prostetic limbs/fantasy-hooves horns/etc). I am unable to export these with any Morphs. FBX only shows the Main Figure's Morphs while Collada is broken (for example, it shows Head Morphs attached to Body Morphs and vice versa and doesn't show half of the Basic Morphs). Nothing works in this case.

I tried everything, and read all the Docs available about Morph's, but none of them contain any information about secondary Morphs and Grafts for proper exportation or whats needs to be done.

The hacky solution I found, is to attach all the Grafts to my Primary Figure, and once done, to hide them. This way, when I export my Figure, it will export how I need them to be (with the removed polygons). From there, I create a new scene and put in all the Grafts I want and from there, will, 'graft' them in my external application. It's not the most ideal solution since misalignement is an issue.

Sorry if the lingo got a tad complicated, I'm new to all of this and somewhat really vexed by the entire issue currently at hand.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

1) By Daz, I am supposing you mean Studio (as Daz is the company name and they have a few programs).

2) What program will you be using the exported items in since you're using FBX?

3) Is end use in this other program or are you planning to bring the objects back to Studio to use there after some work?

• AcornyAcorny Posts: 2

Hi Cris!

Yup, using DAZStudio, v4.8 (latest update). The external Programs I tried are Max (main one), Maya and Blender.

Not sure if I will be importing the work back into DS, since I need to render/animate the work for real-time usage with said tools kits (ShaderFX, MassFX, etc in Maya and Max for example).

Cheers!