Where does this file go?????

I am installing Daz 4.8 on Windows 7 and I have one of the files I downloaded and not sure where it goes.  It's called SceneBuilderforDAZStudio and the folder structure is not what I normally see, which is why I am confused.  Inside it has Daz Studio 4.5 and inside that is a folder called resources.  I don't know if it goes in the documents section of the C/programs section of the computer.  Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• The Respurces folder will be merged with the one in your application folder(s) - this is one of the reasons why it's best to use the Install manager, to handle all the special cases.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,437

With DIM everything goes exactly where it needs and designed for.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,320
    edited October 2015

I don't use DIM.  Have heard many complain about it.  Be that as it may, I still don't know where it's suppose to go. This is the full name of the file I downloaded.

IM00013176-43_SceneBuilderforDAZStudio  When open, it says Daz 4.5 and inside that is says resources.

I downloaded it along with the Default Lights and Shaders.

I don't use DIM because I can not guarantee my internet, as well as I burn everything to disk to keep it off the computer and not bog down the hard drive.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,175
    edited October 2015

If you can sdownload the zip you can use DIM - it just downloads the zip and installs, or any mix of those you want. In any event, as I said, the Resources folder from the zip is merged with the Resources folder in each of your DAZ Studio application folders - so if you have Public Beta and Production in each of those, if 32 bit and 64 bit in each of those.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,320
    edited October 2015

Ya I downloaded the installer and installed it now it wants to install Daz which is already installed on my computer. Do I have to uninstall everything just so this thing can install it again?

How do I stop this from downloading and installing Daz and the Starter Essentials for Genesis 1,2 and 3.  It won't let me cancel it.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on