Hair parting "flipped" feature for hairdos

I would like to propose a new feature for asymmetrical hairstyles: that each hair product with a hair parting on the side, should come with a mirrored version.  I mean by this that if hair is parted on the right side (for example), there should be a "flipped" version with the parting on the left side of the head included in the package.

The side of the hair parting is critical to the look of the character and many times I find a perfect hairdo but unfortunately it has the hair parted on the wrong side. I try scaling the hair model in X direction to (-100%) but more often than not this doesn't work.

Please consider making this feature standard for hair models or maybe make it available as an add-on. I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you.

AOBB

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Select the hair and then go to the parameters tab. Make sure "show hidden properties" is ticked (parameters - preferences - show hidden properties) then change the X-scale to -100 and it will flip most hairs along the x axis

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Thank you for the tip!smiley

• I do agree with you AOBB. It would be useful. My favourite character lives with an X axis -100% scale 'Robin Hair for G8F' as the +100% version doesn't suit her. I think the -100% X-Scale trick does mostly work for conformal and fabric dForce hair provided the hair isn't much more than shoulder length. (Don't know about SBH as I haven't yet found any that work well enough to persist with beyond 30mins.) To improve things - and it has only just occurred to me so I've not tried it, take the warning! - you could export the -X100% hair as an obj file. Then import as a prop, convert to a figure and use the transfer utility to get the original hair rigging back, but on the mirrored hair. That way the character's shoulder movements should be followed rather better. May have to go through all the morphs in a similar way to get the morphs working on the new native inverted hair, but it could well work. Might be a reasonable substitute until PA's provide the mirrored version we'd both like with the original... Regards, Richard.
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Well put, richard, and thank you for the transfer utility idea! It would be nice though not to have to "jump through all those hoops" but simply have the "flipped" option available without any hassle....