how do you light up a prop so its neon green?

I want to create a neck collar (pictured) like its made of Kryptonite so it has to be neon green as shown. How can I do this please for Iray.

twitters_2 (2).jpg
256 x 89 - 23K

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,693
    edited August 2023

Set emission colour to green, set Luminance to a high number (change Luminance Units to Kcd/m^2),

If you want it to glow, you'll need to turn on Bloom Filter in render settings (Exact numbers depend on your render size and other lights in the scene - recommend raising the Bloom Filter Threshold to a higher number (start at 10,000 then work from there), and the Bloom Filter Radius to a lower number (0.025) but that depends on how large your render is (I think).

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • ToobisToobis Posts: 955

Set emission colour to green, set Luminance to a high number (change Luminance Units to Kcd/m^2),

If you want it to glow, you'll need to turn on Bloom Filter in render settings (Exact numbers depend on your render size and other lights in the scene - recommend raising the Bloom Filter Threshold to a higher number (start at 10,000 then work from there), and the Bloom Filter Radius to a lower number (0.025) but that depends on how large your render is (I think).

Thanks!!!