iclone 5 Vs daz Vs ipisoft

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,

Have seen the iclone 5 sale and looked into the product, I am now wondering what daz studio offers that iclone doesn't?

With Iclone also offering mocap functionality in real time transposition, are there any advantages to still use Daz studio?

only thing I can see is that the realism of genesis is much better than what i have seen in iclone's people characters.

I am assuming that iclone 5 is meant to be something that works in conjunction with daz studio, or otherwise why would daz put it on sale in their store?

I have just got everything together to start a large number of animation videos and this iclone5 with mocap looks a great option, but I do not want to duplicate work....

also, I have looked ipisoft mocap options, which are meant to work with daz studio. however, it seems more expensive than iclone and doesn't offer real time animation. has anyone had any experience with both ipisoft and iclone to suggest which one offers the better quality mocap?

many thanks

Richard

Comments

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

i read about problems with ipisoft and use kinect.
    you need at least 2 kinect cams to use ipisoft very well, the motion results with 1 kinect camera are not good.
    i am not sure how this is working in iclone or if iclone can use more as 1 kinect camera.

Post edited by creativemodelsbe on
  • info a385info a385 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't know about kinect, but the tutorials for iclone are vastly better than those for daz. I bought i9clone a while ago and i will be exploring the features over the weekend, so I will post back and let you know how I fare.

I found poser too much of a learning curve, and when I tried daz at around the same time, it seemed more intuitive and the genesis figures are brilliant. If I could make animating in Daz work, then i would never use anything else.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849
    edited December 1969

iClone is designed for the Machinima/PreViz market. DS is made with production-level models in mind and uses a production-level rendering engine.

• edited December 1969

Hello, Thanks for your replies.

It does seem to me that daz is for better quality rendering, so thank you for confirming that. I shall continue to use daz for my rendering as I want the quality.

The main attraction for iclone was the mocap, as it can be done real time and seemed to be of a good quality. Can anyone tell me if the animation captured using iclone can then be used in daz?

I looked at ipisoft because it seems to be a more sophisticated mocap software, able to capture more complex movements, as well as being able to do so over a much larger capture area (up to 20 ft),but it does seem a little more involved to get it right, especially if using ps eye rather than kinect.

has anyone used ipisoft and iclone, and know whether there is much difference in the capture quality?

thanks

Rich

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

brutus_1 said:
    Hello, Thanks for your replies.

It does seem to me that daz is for better quality rendering, so thank you for confirming that. I shall continue to use daz for my rendering as I want the quality.

The main attraction for iclone was the mocap, as it can be done real time and seemed to be of a good quality. Can anyone tell me if the animation captured using iclone can then be used in daz?

I looked at ipisoft because it seems to be a more sophisticated mocap software, able to capture more complex movements, as well as being able to do so over a much larger capture area (up to 20 ft),but it does seem a little more involved to get it right, especially if using ps eye rather than kinect.

has anyone used ipisoft and iclone, and know whether there is much difference in the capture quality?

thanks

Rich

you need a big room to do the mocap and more as 1 camera...
    on my channel is a test with ipisoft (damn that was a waste of my money) as it's useless with just one kinect cam.
    you can't use the basic version and need to buy more expensive version to use 2 kinects (and that's still not sure if it work well)
    so i don't get anything anymore from ipisoft., $300 wasted.

you can also search after berkel and motionbuilder for realtime mocap.

i can't tell you anything about iclone, the animationtools are well done in iclone.
    yes you can get animation back to dazstudio with fbx export, but that's online possible with the "pipeline version" price around $699

daz promised all users here, that animation will be available in dazstudio 5.
    until then i'll wait and see what will happen and how good it would be.