Multiple Scenes

Infini D 3D which contributed half the DNA for Carrara has a laudable feature that is very useful. You can have multiple scenes active in a list  and you can switch from scene to scene. This is very, very useful as you can copy and paste textured objects quickly from one scene to another.

Carrara has a scene list also under the file menu. I have been unable to go from scene to scene, tryiing different commands but all those scenes must be there for a purpose. Whiile working on one active scene this morning I pressed something and suddenly I was on the next scene down in the list. I wish I knew what I did but I don't. It was an instantaneous switch,  not as if it had to load another scene.  I can't find any reference to this in the Help/manual, ,but apparently there is a mechanism or means to switch between the scenes listed. Please tell me this is so and that you can copy and paste between them.  I know you can place objects in the browser and transfer them that way..but the copy and paste is so much easier and faster.

Starboardtack

Comments

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452

I found it.. If you go under WINDOWS in top header, and go down to the bottom of the drop down, all the active scenes are listed. You simply have to click on what scene to open. I have just done a simple copy and paste.

First you have to load the different scenes (Projects)  into Carrara. 

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    msteaka said:

I found it.. If you go under WINDOWS in top header, and go down to the bottom of the drop down, all the active scenes are listed. You simply have to click on what scene to open. I have just done a simple copy and paste.

First you have to load the different scenes (Projects)  into Carrara. 

You beat me to it, but yeah that's where it's at :)  Also you can open multiple instances of Carrara too, to work on two different scenes at the same time (can be useful just to toggle back and forth between the two Carrara instances).