Does a Single UDIM for G9 Female exists on Daz?

MetalSunde94MetalSunde94 Posts: 91
edited November 2023 in Product Suggestions

I am looking for a female character that also uses the Single UDIM skin texture.

Been using "Casey for Genesis 9" Skin texture for my custom charatcers/OC's.

tried to ask the Daz support but none good answer so asks here instead.

Post edited by MetalSunde94 on

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited August 2023

the single UDIM is (except for the finger and toe nails) just the 4 main body part UV islands in each of the four quadrants.

Any character skin (with the exception of the nails) can thus be converted to single UDIM UV layout by just putting the 4 x body part texture maps into 4 quadrants of a square.

If that was what you are asking?

Idk how to do the nails though.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • I was asking if it did exist on the daz store!

I've tried to convert a skin by overlapping it in PS,

didn't work so great.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

can you use Texture Atlas?

• What is that?

• Please don't post textures, even in edited format. I have removed the link from your first post but you also need to take the uploaded file down.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited August 2023

I was asking if it did exist on the daz store!

I've tried to convert a skin by overlapping it in PS,

didn't work so great.

In photoshop, just extend the canvas or create new file that is twice the size of texture in both width and height. Drag/drop the four body textures into photoshop. They should import into the project at their normal size. By default, if you are fully zoomed out, photoshop will not resize imported images. If they have been resized, change your import settings or make sure you are fully zoomed out on the canvas. Do not resize the textures. Position them so they snap into the four corners of the canvas. Turn snapping on if you need to. The toe and fingernails would need to be handled differently
    Post edited by lilweep on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

MetalSunde94 said:

What is that?

it's an inbuilt script in DAZ studio for atlassing textures onto one UV square found under the surface menu