Shape Rigger Plus G9 Edition (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited September 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Official Shape Rigger Plus G9 Edition Support thread.

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 879K
Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,693

I've been waiting for a thread like you to come into my life. Yeah, waiting...

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

I've been waiting for a thread so new to make me feel alive...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162

ChangelingChick providfed these instructions here for adjusting G9 rigging to shape and adjusting the eyes. This technique works very well. Does Shape Rigger Plus G9 edition follow the same strategy?

1. Make your head shape
    2. Use the Adjust Rigging to Shape. For a head, ONLY select the Neck 1 and Children bones to adjust and ONLY select the Head as Influencing. Be sure that the *only* active morph is the one you've made. If you intend to have the Base Feminine or Masculine heads ERC'd in, do NOT have those active. They already have rigging in them. Uncheck the following bones: 
      • Right Eye
      • Left Eye
      • Left Eyelid Upper
      • Left Eyelid Lower
      • Right Eye
      • Right Eyelid Upper
      • Right Eyelid Lower
    3. Put your parameters in Edit mode, and select your morph. 
    4. Use Adjust Eye Rigging

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,718
    edited September 2023

Tried it on the Genesis 1 Knocker figure head, seemed to work okay !

G9 Eyes 4 Shape Rigger.png
    1903 x 2068 - 705K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Josh DarlingJosh Darling Posts: 60
    edited September 2023
    barbult said:

ChangelingChick providfed these instructions here for adjusting G9 rigging to shape and adjusting the eyes. This technique works very well. Does Shape Rigger Plus G9 edition follow the same strategy?

1. Make your head shape
    2. Use the Adjust Rigging to Shape. For a head, ONLY select the Neck 1 and Children bones to adjust and ONLY select the Head as Influencing. Be sure that the *only* active morph is the one you've made. If you intend to have the Base Feminine or Masculine heads ERC'd in, do NOT have those active. They already have rigging in them. Uncheck the following bones: 
      • Right Eye
      • Left Eye
      • Left Eyelid Upper
      • Left Eyelid Lower
      • Right Eye
      • Right Eyelid Upper
      • Right Eyelid Lower
    3. Put your parameters in Edit mode,

Yes, that is the core method we use, of focusing the adjustments on the localized areas to get best results. When we originally set out to build this tool our main goal was to automate that process because it is so tedious to do repeatedly. We ended up going way beyond that, though. The artists at Daz have a much longer list of requirements they follow to get the best results so we built it to meet those requirements. Also, we didn't like how adjust rigging to shape moves all selected bones, even if they don't need to move, so we built a filtering system that evaluates whether each bone should move and cleans things up before it ERC Freezes the bone movements
    Post edited by Josh Darling on

Josh Darling said:

barbult said:

1. Make your head shape
      • Right Eye
      • Left Eye
      • Left Eyelid Upper
      • Left Eyelid Lower
      • Right Eye
      • Right Eyelid Upper
      • Right Eyelid Lower
    3. Put your parameters in Edit mode,

Yes, that is the core method we use, of focusing the adjustments on the localized areas to get best results. When we originally set out to build this tool our main goal was to automate that process because it is so tedious to do repeatedly. We ended up going way beyond that, though. The artists at Daz have a much longer list of requirements they follow to get the best results so we built it to meet those requirements. Also, we didn't like how adjust rigging to shape moves all selected bones, even if they don't need to move, so we built a filtering system that evaluates whether each bone should move and cleans things up before it ERC Freezes the bone movements

Thank you for the reply, Josh. I've been using the Shape Rigger Plus and it is working great!

• So, I got both the old shape rigger and this new one. Does this one have generally better functionality or is the change that it just is for G9?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited October 2023

Hi. Better functionality in what way? This one is designed for G9 specifically. You cannot use the old one on G9.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Hi. Better functionality in what way? This one is designed for G9 specifically. You cannot use the old one on G9.

In terms of using it on figures like Daz Dog 8 and such. Is there any difference between the first Shape Rigger and this on how it handles the conversions in general?

Also, I used the old one for G9 until it stopped working on it, should I re-rig those morphs in the new version?

Eboshijaana said:

Zev0 said:

In terms of using it on figures like Daz Dog 8 and such. Is there any difference between the first Shape Rigger and this on how it handles the conversions in general?

Also, I used the old one for G9 until it stopped working on it, should I re-rig those morphs in the new version?

This version is mainly for the human figure. It's not really designed for things like the dog. Also yes I would re-rig with the new one as the old one wasn't really designed to take G9 changes into account

• Zev0 said:

Eboshijaana said:

Zev0 said:

This version is mainly for the human figure. It's not really designed for things like the dog. Also yes I would re-rig with the new one as the old one wasn't really designed to take G9 changes into account

Has worked like a charm so far with Daz Dog 8, so its pretty good at weirder shapes as well.

Good to know!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

If I buy this one do I need to buy the older version?

edited November 2023

No. This one is for Genesis 9 Specifically, no other version required if you work with G9.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

So having an issue with your product.  Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.  I had it run and rerig all the shapes but when I got to the save tab there is a radio box to allow for a specific path which I prefer as my old path was my full name but changed it, with the radio button checked, to RAMWorks and then put in the folder path of G9Morphs and then the bar under the rigged list is grayed out.  When I uncheck it the bar to save lights up but I've a feeling it's saving to my old path.  Also processing these morphs should take seconds to do but the script was running for over 11 minutes with no progress at all, still at 1 %.  So that also makes no sense to me.  

Please advise.  

Thank you

Richard 

edited November 2023

If a morph has been previously saved and exists in your data you can only rerig/update save via the script. You cannot save it to a new path. That can only be done to newly imported morphs that require a first time save where your name and product name gets filled in.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2023

The long list of my custom morphs to save haven't been saved to any other location 

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited November 2023

Try saving just one and see what happens. Also send me a log after that if there is an issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    RAMWolff said:

The long list of my custom morphs to save haven't been saved to any other location 

If these are morphs that you converted from G8 with one of the converter products, then they most likely were saved someplace already.

Nope all by hand since the converters did what I did just cost me money and wasn't happy with the results. So I returned them both and deleted the newly created files.  I got a better result too doing it myself.  Rigger on the other hand proved to be a time saver to at least get things rigged automatically.  

Z  I'll take a look at it later.  I'm busy with real life work right now.  I'll let you know... 

edited November 2023

Hi again and Nope, unchecking the ONE morph I had saved out still doesn't give me any lit buttons to save to my desired path. 

As you can see from the scroll area there are allot of morphs.  I'd like to get this done in one go. 

When I uncheck the Custom Save Path and let it do it's thing nothing seems to happen. 

Saving out morphs is usually instantaneous from what I remember so not sure what your script is doing but my post above a little ways up I mentioned I let it grind away for about 10 minutes and not one morph was saved out any where that can see. 

I go by RAMWorks now professionally.  The older save directory was my name Richard McCormick. 

The script also keeps defaulting to my E drive and while there are some Genesis 9 saves there NONE of my morph directories in the data folder are there, only on the H drive so not sure why your script keeps defaulting to the E drive?

The log file will not be helpful as for today there is nothing added to it since I couldn't move forward with your script saving out the morphs!  

Thanks for help and clarification on what I may or may not be doing wrong.    

Save Directory for G9 RAMWorks Morphs.png
    771 x 516 - 55K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited November 2023

How many content librarys do you have mapped to Studio. Can I see the list please? Technically you should Only have one Studio Library Mapped.

Post edited by Zev0 on

I have two.  I have my newer one that I'm saving newer content too and I have the older one that has stuff from V4/M4 days on up as my backup.  I use that older one to access older Runtime props for promos and what not.  SO yea, I have two.  Does that somehow confuse your script?  I would think if I have the drop down givine me options of what data base folder I want to save in that should be enough of an indicator to the script where I want my morphs saved to.  

edited November 2023

RAMWolff said:

I have two.  I have my newer one that I'm saving newer content too and I have the older one that has stuff from V4/M4 days on up as my backup.  I use that older one to access older Runtime props for promos and what not.  SO yea, I have two.  Does that somehow confuse your script?  I would think if I have the drop down givine me options of what data base folder I want to save in that should be enough of an indicator to the script where I want my morphs saved to.  

"The script also keeps defaulting to my E drive"

If that is mapped it could be the issue. Eg when I am rigging and saving morphs I only have the library I want mapped. Can always load back in the other library afterwards.

Post edited by Zev0 on

OK, did that but the button is still grayed out when I want to save the morphs when I select the Custom Save Path.  If I hit the Browse to selected folder it takes me to the correct directory.  

Only way it is greyed out is if morph exists and has been saved before. In parameters you can click on the morphs cog and check file path..if there is one then it exists. You can use the 3 dots to jump to it in a browser.

Capture.JPG
    995 x 146 - 21K

These are converted from Genesis 8 with improvements. I've not saved these morphs for Genesis 9 except for one and I've unchecked that one as you can see in my screen shot from above.  Face-Pudgy 

The status all says ready to re-save...meaning they exist already.

I see that but that's just the duf work file file itself, it's not the individual shapes saved to a data folder.  

edited November 2023

It doesn't matter. What you are choosing exists already, be it a morph, a character preset or anything, meaning path has already been defined. You cannot custom resave to another location via the script if it has been saved before. Only way to do that is manually through studio, then delete the source files afterwards. 

Post edited by Zev0 on

The first is where your script is supposed to be saving out the morphs.

The second is where the Work File is that is recorded in saving over the current file.  This is not what I expect when a script tells me it's going to save out my INDIVIDUAL morphs.  So I don't understand why it's doing that.  

This is where your script is supposed to be saving the morphs.png
    902 x 310 - 9K
    Here is what your script is looking at.png
    902 x 534 - 120K