Wolfperson/Werewolf model?

FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm a huge fan of werewolves and have multiple quite a few of the ones out there, namely Jagar and Lycanthropos with all its Species expansion packs. As much as I love the two figures though, Jagar can get a bit too cartooney and Lycanthropos a bit too "monster-ish" even with playing with the morphs.

What I'm really looking for is a werewolf model that looks more like the Wolfpeople and werewolves from the art at http://www.goldenwolfen.com/site/?wpsc_product_category=wolfpeople

for example the image i attached. They look more like an evolution of the wolf, rather than a monster figure, their default expression is not a snarl/frown lol

Has anyone seen a figure like this before? Or would there be enough support from customers for a modeler to take this project on? Please let me know!
Either way I would buy it in an instant if that were so ;)

golden_feather.jpg
568 x 750 - 156K

Comments

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited August 2012

How about Lycans?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/raw-lycans-fox-and-wolf

Edit:

Oops--I forgot that Lycan was a Lycanthrop add-on. Maybe Garoul would be better?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/garoul-the-werewolf

Post edited by Salem2007 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I actually once made a figure like that by combining the old zygote wolf with a male figure, making the body of the wolf and the head of the human invisible.

Needed some postwork admittedly, especially fur brushing the wo.fl head.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2012

Salem2007 said:
    How about Lycans?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/raw-lycans-fox-and-wolf

Edit:

Oops--I forgot that Lycan was a Lycanthrop add-on. Maybe Garoul would be better?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/garoul-the-werewolf

How about this one?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ms-lycan

It may be more monstrous than you're looking for, though. I checked out the art you linked to. Very beautiful stuff; I'd buy morphs like that. I suppose the fur might have to wait until something like Look At My Hair is available.

Post edited by riftwitch on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,867
    edited December 1969

I do have something in the works....but it wont be out for a while.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I think Dogworld may be pretty close: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dog-world-wolf

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Hopefully before we've all nibbled our fingernails down to the elbow in anticipation... never mind, all I need is to be able to hit the "buy now" button with my nose. :coolsmile:
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

I was going to suggest the folks over at the Philosopher's Egg, as they specialize in very artful human-animal hybrids, but apparently wolves aren't part of their inventory, for some reason. You might discuss it with them -- it seems a very obvious fit with their other products.

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

wow, thanks for all the suggestions!

yeah I have both RawArt's Lycans and his Dogworld bundle but they're not quite "real-wolf" enough for the model, though I do love the sets.

I'm extremely excited for when LAMH becomes available! from the teaser pics he released i think it can go a long way to turning our animal characters into actually furry ones <3 </p>

RawArt said:

Hopefully before we've all nibbled our fingernails down to the elbow in anticipation... never mind, all I need is to be able to hit the "buy now" button with my nose. :coolsmile:

ohhhh, thats awesome to hear and I agree! I'm very excited to see this and do not mind the wait.

Yeah no wolf characters from Kemp yet but i hope we'll see one eventually and that its for Genesis rather than his usual M4. That way I could make baby werewolves too! lol Plus as his are usually head/hand morph only type figures it'd be interesting to mix them with RawArts character (assuming it for Genesis as we've seen the amazing things he can do with it already *eyes Tauren2 figure* )

If we're going Genesis though rather than an original model (which while i love original models, not limited by base models limits etc, I really wouldnt mind either way t this point! xD ) I think it would need geografted ears though as i dont think even Genesis could stretch that far on top of the head and still look good lol

Post edited by Faewolf on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! WOOF :P

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Really it's only a head morph and wouldn't be too hard to do but you'd need some JCMs for the neck or it would distort a bit. The paws might be a bit of a challenge but a man with raw's talent should be no problems.

edited August 2012

Your doing a Sabbatic Goat?? OMG MS!! YUMMY. Can't wait! :-)

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

yeah, the head and the feet morphs are the two things i really wanna see. I have yet to see leg/feet morphs that match the ones in the gallery linked in the first post.

and I agree with Ramwolff, that goat looks awesome! would love to see more previews.

edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    yeah, the head and the feet morphs are the two things i really wanna see. I have yet to see leg/feet morphs that match the ones in the gallery linked in the first post.

and I agree with Ramwolff, that goat looks awesome! would love to see more previews.

Yes had a look at that gallery fingers need to shorter and thinker and the toes longer, lower foots easy.
    The head well I have a secret technique where I replicate just about any shape I want from a reference, I'm pretty sure I'm using the same technique as DAZ uses on it's gen4 &3 series. so putting a proper wolf head on is very doable

there's some Wip at rendo for the goat. I figure most people aren't that interested in my stuff so that's why I don't post that often here. When he gets a bit closer I might put one up, there a lot going into this, there's over 30 JCMs in it so far and plenty of fur addons which fit the lycan to, the fur even fits some of raws characters. Thanks for the encouragement guys.
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2361120

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited December 1969

Philosopher's Egg is a good place to look for antropomorphic characters, but I don't think he has any wolves. Lots of others, all grounded on Gen4. But the closest is an Anubis character, and jackels are not wolves.

http://philosophersegg.com/

edited December 1969

I used the Mil-Dog with a wolf morph as reference and made a quick head morph it's looks too much like a dog than a wolf I threw the F4 shape on it to, Raw's demon textures and sabbatic goat leg fur. Don't mind playing around some times now I better get back to it.

dog.jpg
    640 x 800 - 163K
    edited December 1969

HOLY MOLEY WOLFMAN! WOW!!

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,701
    edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    I was going to suggest the folks over at the Philosopher's Egg, as they specialize in very artful human-animal hybrids, but apparently wolves aren't part of their inventory, for some reason. You might discuss it with them -- it seems a very obvious fit with their other products.

I second this. Watching his threads, his creatures look amazing. You never see any deformations from stretching on his textures. And his morphs seem like he's spent the most time referencing real animals.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Sarsifus said:

I second this. Watching his threads, his creatures look amazing. You never see any deformations from stretching on his textures. And his morphs seem like he's spent the most time referencing real animals.

Yes I agree to he's a brilliant artist I don't know why he doesn't sell at daz.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

midnight_stories, please post more of your stuff. I like it a lot, the idea of Sabbatic Goat for Genesis is making me squeal as much as RawArt's hints of what he is up to do; honestly, I can hardly wait when it is going to hit the stores as it has been one of those "must get" figures to me as soon as I saw it.

Also, FYI, by combining MS Lycan with dog head morph from Genesis creature morph bundle along with couple of others (mostly related to face depth and nose length) you can get pretty decent wolf-head morph. Example in my DA gallery.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Sarsifus said:

Yes I agree to he's a brilliant artist I don't know why he doesn't sell at daz.

I haven't bought any of their products, so I can't swear to their quality, although the promo images look great.