Looking for a Geoshell

I am sure it's out there, but is there a geoshell out there for G8.1s that can take G8 LIEs, and would show up visible in the preview window?

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

You can do it yourself. You could load a geoshell on a 8.1 character, then in the surfaces, set the UV to Genesis 8 Base. You could then add a selection set called "Torso" that includes the head + body surfaces.

Any of our Soft Skin Transition products, , such as this one, have a Geoshell that does this called "SSTF2 01 Apply Trans Shell to 8.1F with 8F UVs". However, keep in mind that for LIE to work properly on a Geoshell (unlike when you apply it directly onto your character's skin) you need to do cutout maps that match the texture and set them in the cutout opacity channel.

• A Geometry Shell is just Geometry Shell, if you are having rtouble with 8 content applying to a shell on 8.1  then that is a limitation of/issue with the product - applying it to Genes  is 8 and then copying settings across may help.

• Richard Haseltine said:

A Geometry Shell is just Geometry Shell, if you are having rtouble with 8 content applying to a shell on 8.1  then that is a limitation of/issue with the product - applying it to Genes  is 8 and then copying settings across may help.

Thank you, this is where I think I am struggling.

• The big difference, for this purpose, between 8 and 8.1 is that 8 has a single surface for the torso and back of the ehad while 8.1 has split that into 2 - with luck all you need to do is select the shell, then in the Parameters pane find the list of groups/surfaces and use the button to toggle visibility off. If the shell you are using needs to aply to one or both of those areas you will need to select them in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane, apply the base shader that is being used on the 8 shell, and then select the combined surface on the 8 figure's shell, Edit>Copy>Copy selected surfaces, go back to selecting the head and torso on the 8.1 shell, Edit>Paste>Paste to Selected Surfaces.