Hadrosaurs!

Yep, you know them, Parasauralophus, Lambeosaurus, Edmontosaurus.  Greati targets for your Tyrannosaurus to prey on, and all great subjects for a render without a Tyrannosaurus.  Please, somebody make some, especially that Parasauralophus.  I am sure they would sell, even if not quite as well as a Tyrannosaurus.  Or maybe they would, as there are so many Tyranosaurids to choose from now that a Hadrosaur would be something outstanding as long as it is well made.

Please?  Anyone else keen?

Comments

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,518

I have an old Parasauralophus that I got from Renderosity, but I would LOVE a newer model!!!

• Check out Dinoraul's shop on Renderosity. He made lots of dino models, you'll just have to update the shaders to Iray.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
    edited September 2023

I agree! Would love to see more dinos and other extinct creatures. I own most of the dino PC games and use meshes from them often in DS

dinos.jpg
    1453 x 849 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • Hi FA,

And yes - would love some newer dinos, esp a Hadrosaur

• I'd love a high quality parasaur and more herbivore variety! I think I have around a 2 to 1 ratio of carnivores to herbivores. Not a balanced ecosystem there.

I'd also love a newer ankylosaur, especially one with morph variety for the osteoderm armor and tail club.

• The next question is: Are your carnivors & herbivors contemporary with each other? One movie mistake is Tyrannosaurs with Stegosaurs - We are closer timewise to Tyrannosaurs than the Stegosaurs, so having humans as prey would be less of an error. A big error, but a lesser one.

Regards,

Richard

• richardandtracy said:

The next question is: Are your carnivors & herbivors contemporary with each other? One movie mistake is Tyrannosaurs with Stegosaurs - We are closer timewise to Tyrannosaurs than the Stegosaurs, so having humans as prey would be less of an error. A big error, but a lesser one.

I think three or four I have from Herschel Hoffmeyer are from the Hell Creek area. Most are scattered through time and space. I'm only making sci-fi/fantasy stuff anyway though. A "Walking with Dinosaurs" level of realism, while I admire the paleontological authenticity, would be far too creatively restrictive for me personally.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

richardandtracy said:

The next question is: Are your carnivors & herbivors contemporary with each other? One movie mistake is Tyrannosaurs with Stegosaurs - We are closer timewise to Tyrannosaurs than the Stegosaurs, so having humans as prey would be less of an error. A big error, but a lesser one.

Regards,

Richard

Yeah, as much as I love making art and looking at art with scantilly clad female Homo sapiens being snacks for my 3D dinosaurs, it is definitely not historically accurate, LOL