Organize of files not working on click of figure

kodarrkodarr Posts: 32
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm in the Files tab as the tutorial video shows and when I click on the model it doesn't change the content to only the content for the model. Instead there is no change. I know the tutorial is using an old version of Daz3d since Smart Content is called My Stuff in it, so is this feature not in this version anymore?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DAZ Studio are you using (Help > About DAZ Studio), and what figure do you have loaded?

Only items that have Metadata associated with them will appear in the Smart Content tab, it works fine with Genesis and Victoria 4 for me, but I doubt if the older figures would work yet, and some of the older content as well.

To view all of the content that you have installed, you would need to look in the Content Library tab under DAZ Studio Formats or Poser Formats.

• kodarrkodarr Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

I'm using version 4.5.0.114

I was trying to use it on Genesis. Even when clicking on the model the other Actors in the library stay there (Basic Child, Basic Male, etc) and nothing is being taken off the list.

edited December 1969

Did you install the file 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe whcih should have been in your downloads?

It must be installed, as it is the Basic content that used to be included in the main installer. There are new versions of Genesis, in DUF format which need to be installed.

edited August 2012

Yes I installed the essentials which was included with the downloader.

Post edited by kodarr on
    edited December 1969

Does you Smart Content tab look like this, and are the files in DUF format? Are you double clicking the left mouse button?

Untitled-1.jpg
    760 x 864 - 107K
    edited December 1969

Mine shows actors in the list like that when I select the model though I had all selected. I thought it only is supposed to show material that can be used for the model. The tutorial said just to click on the figure and it will show only what is usable with that figure.

edited December 1969

That is what mine is showing. I have Genesis selected, and all of the characters shown in the tab can be used with Genesis.

Not everything has Metadata, which is what is needed to populate the Smart Content tab. The Content Library tab shows everything whether it has Metadata or not.

Are the files that appear in your Smart Content tab in the DUF format? When you double click on them, do they load?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

It's Products list Not Files List. Then Double click brings up the other files.

EDIT: Not pulling all my Smart Content either Just Poses and Materials. No Clothing ect...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail, I missed that. I don;t use the Smart Content tab anyway, but that does look useful :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I'm getting everything, clothing and all, in the Smart Content tab. It takes a while to populate when using Files rather than Products, as there are tons of files, but they do appear. I did uninstall CMS before installing DS 4.5 so I would get the latest version.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just played with Smart content some. Looks Useful once you understand how it works. All my stuff works properly after I reset my Database and Re-Imported my Metadata.

edited December 1969

Thank you then it must be working correctly. I thought clicking the actor was going to show only what can be used with that actor.

Thanks again. I just misunderstood the video.