Universal Hands And Feet Control (commercial)

V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
edited September 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Universal Hands And Feet Control is a set of tools allowing you to ease the hands/fingers and feet/toes (+individual toes for the concerned generations) for any figure of any generation, from Victoria and Michael 4 to Genesis 9 (including all Genesis generations).

From the compact interfaces allowing you to easily change your hands and feet poses, you can:

- control a dedicated "hand focused" or "foot focused" camera allowing you to check the hand/foot pose from any angle and distance you want while you pose the hand/foot.

- access all the fingers/ individual toes (when they exist) rotation properties (bend, twist, side-side) in an optimized a single tab, avoiding the fastidious selection of fingers or toes bones (which can only be done in the scene tab for toes) to pose them. Only this drastically makes your workflow more comfortable, but there is more :

- you  access all the hands and fingers (and feet and toes) Pose Controls properties, in the same interface, and you can easily swap from bones adjustments to Pose Controls adjustments.. but there is more :

- you can zero indivdual fingers/toes (or zero all at once) even if you used Pose Controls, thanks to integrated baking utilities, automatical for given operations (zeroing triggers a bake) and if you prefer you can click a button to trigger the bake to transforms action on hand/foot (then the pose controls are zeroed but the pose is kept, allowing you to work more freely on further adjustments)

Please note concerning feet only that very old generations "lack of individual toes" and cannot allow the bake of every foot pose controls (because for these very old generations some of the pose controls act on morphs, and not on bones rotations).

Said differently what can you do with Universal Hands And Feet Control ? You can ease and speed up the hands and feet pose process. NO MORE need to select a bone, modify, select another bone, modify, select anohter bone, modify, search for a pose control, adjust pose control, reselect a bone, modify.......  Everything is there, right under your eyes : adjust fingers without selecting any bone in a very well organized interface, even the bones which cannot be selected from the viewport (metecarpals, individual toes). In the same interface, find all the concerned pose controls, and feel free to use them since you can bake them whenever you want, you can zero individual fingers, toes, hand, foot...

Make this fastidious process finally fun and creative!

I'll try to see later if I manage to post images, in the meantime you can find the images here : https://www.daz3d.com/universal-hands-and-feet-control

As usually this thread is for any question, remarks, issues, feedback you could have, and as usually I'll be here to answer!

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

Looks very interesting.

Can one change to different cameras, while the script is running?

• Congratulations on being the headliner in the daily DAZ email smiley.

Purchased and downloaded.

• With this product including both hands and feets, and all generations, is there any reason to have both this and Hands Controls For Genesis 9 (https://www.daz3d.com/v3digitimes-hands-controls-for-genesis-9) installed at the same time? Or is there something Hands Control for G9 does that this one doesn't?

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    edited September 2023

Artini : yes you can! You can alternate with any scene camera you want via a dropdown menu, but as soon as you touch a camera dial in the interface, (the ones to rotate the view or zoom in out), the active camera will be the hand or foot camera again. But you have this easily accessible (left of camera controls) dropdown menu to browse all the cameras of your scene (only the perspective and the hand/foot camera are controlled by the interface dials, in order to make sure you don't accidentally lose your other scene camera settings)

DoctorJellybean : Thanks a lot, that's nice!

Kersey : no there is no interest in having it doubled. They act the same way, the difference is that the universal product is simply generalised to work on all generations after (and including) and Victoria and Michael 4, and is complemented by feet control interfaces (for the same "all" generations).

• Thanks, then I can safely unisntall the other one. It's a great product and I love that you expand it.

• Thank you!!!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

Normally when I bake the pose controls to the bone rotations it can take ages to run, I assume because it works through all pose controls (including for the face).

Since this is only baking rotations for a hand or foot, does it run a lot faster?

edited September 2023

Yes it is much faster. For instance for the right hand the script will only process the pose controls located under "Pose Controls/Hands/Right" (it will store rotations, zero these pose controls properties, then restore rotations, which considerably increase its speed). edit : I checked, it's so fast that you are even not notified when it's done, and I added no "busy cursor" (I add these options only on long operations). In general you click on bake and go on with posing...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

V3Digitimes said:

Yes it is much faster. For instance for the right hand the script will only process the pose controls located under "Pose Controls/Hands/Right" (it will store rotations, zero these pose controls properties, then restore rotations, which considerably increase its speed). edit : I checked, it's so fast that you are even not notified when it's done, and I added no "busy cursor" (I add these options only on long operations). In general you click on bake and go on with posing...

That's great, thanks for letting me know.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

Very handy product for posing, many thanks! Could you maybe explain a little about the baking, additionally? I've only ever used that when converting clothes from one figure generation to another - which kinds of situations would I use it in in the context of this tool? Sorry for being a little daft! blush

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404

This went into my cart as soon as I saw it, especially as the sale price was unbelievable. This tool should save a LOT of time setting up scenes. I'll be playing with it tonight for sure.

edited September 2023

Havos : no problem! Have fun!

tsroemi : baking pose controls is the procedure which consists in transferring the rotations induced by the pose controls to the bones rotations they control while the pose control themseves are then zeroed. It's super handy to pose several bones with pose controls but then (once they are active) they can become problematic by limiting the possibilities of pose you can reach (or limiting how easily you can reach them), plus if you create pose sets it is not recommended at all to make them with pose controls, it also allows you to know that each bone is controlled only by its bones rotation properties and nothing else. Work the way you prefer, pose controls baked or not, what matters is that you feel comfortable as you pose :)

riftwitch : thanks a lot for your feedback! Let me know if you have any issue or remarks ! I hope you'll have fun! 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

V3Digitimes said:

Havos : no problem! Have fun!

tsroemi : baking pose controls is the procedure which consists in transferring the rotations induced by the pose controls to the bones rotations they control while the pose control themseves are then zeroed. It's super handy to pose several bones with pose controls but then (once they are active) they can become problematic by limiting the possibilities of pose you can reach (or limiting how easily you can reach them), plus if you create pose sets it is not recommended at all to make them with pose controls, it also allows you to know that each bone is controlled only by its bones rotation properties and nothing else. Work the way you prefer, pose controls baked or not, what matters is that you feel comfortable as you pose :)

riftwitch : thanks a lot for your feedback! Let me know if you have any issue or remarks ! I hope you'll have fun! 

I see, thanks for explaining! I'll try this new workflow as well. 

• No problem, feel free to try anything you want !

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

I downloaded it yesterday, but not able to use it yet; other projects. But you have provided me a tool that will help me with a major time suck in posing. Doing all that finger, toe, repositions and searching to reposition the feet wastes a lot of time. You have given it back. 

Many thanks,

Mary

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198

Such a simple idea (to combine the controls in one interface) and it works great!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

I grabbed this yesterday too, and it looks brilliant! Thank you for the generous sale price too.

• memcneil70 : thanks, I hope you will like it!

barbult : I had this almost ready for a loong time, but I was not sure how people would react to it (because the idea is so simple)... The golden ticket system was a good opportunity to go till the end of this project.

MelanieL : Thank you ! And no problem for the price, it's a good way to prevent even more people from wasting time when posing these body parts (I get terribly nervous when things don't go fast and easy).

• Hi,

I find this tool very useful, but I do have one request. I don't use this tool as much as I want to because the control dials are too sensitive and make it hard to accurately position the finger, etc. The slightest move of the dial causes the part being controled to move too much. Yes, I know I can type in the numbers for accuracy, but it would be very nice to have a way to adjust the sensitivy of the dials like the Adjust Slower command in Scene Tools 2. Or is there already a way to do this that I am missing?

Thanks a bunch for all of your wonderful work!

brent_86bde516d4 said:

Hi,

I find this tool very useful, but I do have one request. I don't use this tool as much as I want to because the control dials are too sensitive and make it hard to accurately position the finger, etc. The slightest move of the dial causes the part being controled to move too much. Yes, I know I can type in the numbers for accuracy, but it would be very nice to have a way to adjust the sensitivy of the dials like the Adjust Slower command in Scene Tools 2. Or is there already a way to do this that I am missing?

Thanks a bunch for all of your wonderful work!

Have you tried clicking the - and + at the end of the dials. They move things pretty slowly in my experience.

• Thanks for the answer barbult!  In general it works fine with - and +. Brent, I am going to enter a huge update session (my 2023 update challenge), I will have a look at what I can do to use the help script to include a button to change the sensitvity.

• Thank you both barbult and V3Digitimes. Sounds great!

edited October 2023

A little typo here?

Screenshot 2023-10-03 221550 Right Foot Control Problem.jpg
    697 x 882 - 100K
    Post edited by barbult on

Absolutely! I forgot to change this when I transformed the script from right to left foot!

It will be added to my update session, thanks for notifying !

Remark : Update sessions will not begin before next week, I need one week off... or maybe 10 days...

Take your time it is a great and useful product. The text typo doesn't impact the functionality.

Thank you for your understanding ... and for the nice feedback...

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952
    edited October 2023

V3Digitimes said:

Update sessions will not begin before next week, I need one week off... or maybe 10 days...

Maybe a month is needed?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited October 2023

lol... Yep actually one month would be needed and appreciated. I will probably take a first small break, then I will process the most urgent updates first, then take a second small break, then I will process the other updates.

Just for information, I had to take a break (for multiple reasons I won't detail here) and the all the updates I planned are delayed for now, but they are still planned for "before the end of the year 2023".

• KerseyKersey Posts: 46

Take care V3Digitimes, and take the time you need. Your products are amazing.