The Nemesis??

Hello

https://www.daz3d.com/the-nemesis

I had purchased this abit ago. Today went to use it and...nothing. Tried to load it. Nothing. So, I went, To my "smart content tab" Uninstalled it. Went to try and reinstall it...and it doesnt install now.
I went to manually download it and try to put the folders in the "cloud" folder for that particular SKU. But...nothing. It wont allow me to load the item at all.

I cant install from smart tab, I cant manually access it...I have no idea what is going on with it. Any fix or work around?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,837

The product page only shows DIM and Manual Install available for that product.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited September 2023

That is a Poser product.  It can be used in Daz Studio as I hvae it but you will not find it in your Daz Studio content library, you will find it in your poser content library.

Screenshot_31.png
    177 x 270 - 7K
    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • barbult said:

The product page only shows DIM and Manual Install available for that product.

I know it is a poser product. It shows up in my "smart content" tab and was actually installed. I uninstalled it to try and get it to show up in the library and now wont install at all. Even though it shows up. But, as noted, manually installing it, doesnt allow me to access the files...

• DarkEleganceDarkElegance Posts: 356
    edited September 2023

Mattymanx said:

That is a Poser product.  It can be used in Daz Studio as I hvae it but you will not find it in your Daz Studio content library, you will find it in your poser content library.

I know it is poser content.
    That is not the issue.

The issue, was it was showing in my smart content tab. But when clicked, nothing loaded. It was not loading no matter what I did.

I uninstalled it via the smart content tab...and even though it is showing up in the smart content tab..its not allowing download.

I manually downloaded it and it still wont allow access. Even searching the library....

I have tried manually installing.
    I know about poser content via DazStudio as I have a more than a few items from the market place in that tab.
    Its the fact, it was showing in the smart content tab....but not loading. Then uninstalled via that same smart content tab...and now wont allow access at all. In any way.

I have other really old daz content that is for poser installed and it installed fine. Its this particular file I am having an issue with

Post edited by DarkElegance on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

You do realize that installing through the Smart Content tab (aka Connect) is not the same as installing with DIM, or manually. Installing manually will not enter the metadata needed to properly display it in Smart Content (although once properly installed, the metadata doesn't really go away unles you delete the product from the database). You are mixing your methods and will get unexpected results. I don't do Connect, so can't really help with that part. I installed the Nemesis with DIM and it shows in Smart Content and in the Product Library, and loads from either one just fine.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited September 2023

DarkElegance said:

Mattymanx said:

That is not the issue.

The issue, was it was showing in my smart content tab. But when clicked, nothing loaded. It was not loading no matter what I did.

I uninstalled it via the smart content tab...and even though it is showing up in the smart content tab..its not allowing download.

I manually downloaded it and it still wont allow access. Even searching the library....

I know about poser content via DazStudio as I have a more than a few items from the market place in that tab.
    Its the fact, it was showing in the smart content tab....but not loading. Then uninstalled via that same smart content tab...and now wont allow access at all. In any way.

I have other really old daz content that is for poser installed and it installed fine. Its this particular file I am having an issue with

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood the issue you are having.   To ensure that the product is uninstalled correctly, download the zip file and open it up to see its folder structure.  Then go through your content library and see if any of the files are still there and delete them if they are.  Then try installing it again via your preferred method.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Mattymanx said:

DarkElegance said:

Mattymanx said:

That is not the issue.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood the issue you are having.   To ensure that the product is uninstalled correctly, download the zip file and open it up to see its folder structure.  Then go through your content library and see if any of the files are still there and delete them if they are.  Then try installing it again via your preferred method.

I have manually installed it.

That is why I finally posted as even after manual install, the item is not accessible....

• As you can see, it is available in my "smart content" tab. But I can not access it to dl it.
    So, I manually downloaded it. Found the SKU folder in the cloud folder for my daz library(where the files should get installed via the smart content folder). Manually placed them in.
    It should, have allowed access to the files...it doesnt. It also doesnt allow the "Update meta-data" option. When clicked it flickers and that is it.

It -was- installed originally. But(as noted) when I tried to load it, it didnt work so then started the process of uninstalling, manual install etc.......

NEMESIS SCREEN SHOT.png
    790 x 959 - 180K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

DarkElegance said:

So, I manually downloaded it. Found the SKU folder in the cloud folder for my daz library(where the files should get installed via the smart content folder). Manually placed them in.
    It should, have allowed access to the files...it doesnt. It also doesnt allow the "Update meta-data" option. When clicked it flickers and that is it.

You are mixing two different installation methods and that is why it isn't working

The "Cloud" folder is only for products installed with Daz Connect (inside DS). If you place stuff there manually, don't expect them to work.

One doesn't have to use Daz Connect to install stuff and have them appear in "Smart" Content 

Attached you can find instructions for manual installation (one needs to refresh metadata manually afterwards)

ManualInstallation.jpg
    793 x 1120 - 199K
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited September 2023

Just installed  it manually.  It is in the poser directory under figures. This is a straight Iray render using "out of the box" poser MAts

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited September 2023

Depending on SKU numbers, Poser content that also has a Daz Studio version may have smart content support. 

Really old Poser only products will install and work in daz studio but were created before smart content existed in Daz Studio and may not have any metadata at all.  Use those files manually from the content library directly.

Post edited by FirstBastion on