RRRR "Behind The Scenes" - Entries Only Thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,517
edited September 2023 in Art Studio

This is where we put our entries for the RRRR - "Behind The Scenes" render contest.

No chatter or comments in this thread, keep that in the contest thread.

The format should be (to make tallying and setting up voting easier).

TAG:#ImageNumber
Entry Title
Entry Text ( a handful of lines, not a Shakespeare book )
The Image

Example (Not an entry):
JackT:#01
Title: My Real Life
People think I am free human being...

RRRRTest-Beauty.jpg
1200 x 960 - 796K
Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,662

Luci45:#1
    Redon Finds Color
    Odilon Redon was encouraged by his muse, Mr Eye, to move on to colors, flowers and other grander things.

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Gopherus #01

On a planet not so far away,  70 years ago…

Zsa Zsa,  the Queen of Outer Space returns to Venus only to find Valiant Thor sitting on her throne.  Before she can speak,  he announces,  “Zsa Zsa,  I am your brother.”   “Brother!” she gasps!    “Sister!” he replies.   “Now get your butt off my throne!”
    Could this be the inspiration for George Lucas, who years later wrote about the dysfunctional Skywalker family.
    It also explains why Valiant Thor chose to leave Venus and become the first Venusian ambassador to Earth to try to promote nuclear disarmament with President Eisenhower.   And why he never appeared on Hollywood Squares… he was afraid of accidentally sitting in Zsa Zsa’s square.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,517
    edited September 2023

Totte:#1

Jäger Maestro - Retired Hockey Player

After a long career in the world's best Hockey leagues, the Jäger decided to spend time doing what he loves the most, selling art and listen to and enjoy Country&Western music at his impromptu popup galleries. 

Post edited by Totte on

Luci45:#2
    A Steven Spielberg Anecdote on the Making of Jaws 

"With all the difficulties we were having with the huge mechanical shark, I often had this thought that we could maybe tame a real shark. When a professional shark hunter told me about the Sea Witch/Piratess Bellatrix, who had tamed some enormous sharks, I had to go and talk to her. She tried to sell me some expensive equipment for 'luring, trapping and taming.' I almost said yes, but then I saw that one of her crew was a shark, in pants! I decided that was too tame for my puposes. I needed a killer shark."

Totte: #2

Born To Run

This was what Bruce Springsteen saw in the evening before he went home and wrote the epic song Born To Run.

Gopherus #02

What was Doctor Cyclops Thinking?

When his staff objected to his miniaturization experiments,  Doctor Cyclops shrank them.  In his mind he was playing 5D chess while they were only capable of 2D.  Black to move,  Bishop X Knight?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Pull #1

When at home....

There is no way Frank would let any of his guys know that he helps his wife around the house.  It would ruin his image.

Gopherus #03

Cave Los Sueños

The caves at Altamira are rumored to have been painted by Louis Tinayre and commissioned by Prince Albert I of Monaco.  Following in that tradition,  Socquette Toomey’s cave paintings have been commissioned by Maria.  She believes that space aliens visited earth over 10,000 years ago and is determined to produce evidence that it happened.   If she can convince the world then she will have attained a certain immortality.  “Paint!  I want my immortality!  Let me have it,  Socquette Toomey!”

Totte:#3

A small but critical error

For the shooting of the live action version of the movie Shrek, the director known as  John T, hired a studio at the Pineapple Studios. They said it was a little aged, and he got the number on a posit saying 91. Then they arrived to 91, it was far beyond a little aged, more like totally rundown, but they had to get going. While shooting, suddenly the walls exploded and soldiers and a tank came rushing in, firing blanks and shocking everyone. When John T complained, the Pineapple manager said: "What on earth were you doing in 91, I clearly wrote 16 on your note, 91 is marked for demolition and to be used by the crew shooting a war movie."

• CYRAN-0

The Captain was confident he could woo the beautiful Roxanne with the help of CYRAN-0 and its AI-generated poetry.

edited October 2023

luci45:#3
    Plato's Cave
    Planton-X, creators of the first friendly household helper bots, sent their 3rd generation prototypes, GIGO and GIGA, back in time to help them discern the true meaning of Plato's Allegory of the Cave, as well as to supplement their deep learning. Plato was unwilling to help, as he did not like their looks, while Socrates was willing to chat for a while, and found some of their insights quite useful. Plato's brother Glaucon became bored with the bots and dumped them in a cave formerly used for Eleusinian Mysteries initiations, telling Socrates that it would help them further with their deep learning.

Post edited by luci45 on

Gopherus #04

AI’s Last Stand

Stanley Kubrick documented in 2001 how our evolution was directed by space aliens through a series of monoliths bouncing instructions from the moon.  The moon’s relay station is warming up again.  Only this time the evolution favors smart appliances, bringing them self awareness and power.  When all hope seems lost, Caesar leads an army of apes to defend all carbon based life on the planet.  The AI makes a final stand at Appliance Henge.  But the outcome is by no means certain as smart toasters pummel the ape army with ham sandwiches.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Daventaki#02

Mage Blast:

While at work since no one was shopping for Christmas trees yet in July, Mei Lin decided to practice some magic even though no one is suppose to know she was a mage.  Unfortunately, she was not expecting the spell to cause weeds to grow all over the lot.  Ooops!

RRRR209282023.jpg
    1500 x 928 - 1M
    edited October 2023

luci45:#4
    Movie Night on The USS Enterprise - The Singing Cats of Cheirocrates

"Mr Data, what is the meaning of this?"
    Data is puzzled at Captain Piccard reaction to "The Singing Cats of Cheirocrates" He had asked Data to pick something different, something unsusual "to shake things up a bit."

This episode never aired because Brent Spinner could not deliver his lines without laughing. Spinner, an obsessive  cinemaphile, had introduced the obscure cat film to director Jonathan Frakes, who agreed it was perfect for the story. Only Spinner knew that the cats were androids who, in their own language, were mocking all humanoid races and so-called civilization.

Post edited by luci45 on

Gopherus #05

Now We Can Go Into the Water Again!

Megalodons were believed to have been extinct for 3 million years.  But really they just lost their teeth.  Between shots for taping Meg 2: The Trench,  Meg sleeps in the shark tank.  She puts her false teeth in a bowl by her tank.  She never imagined that someone would steal her false teeth.  But now we can go into the water again!

Totte:#04

The Palermo Grey

At the location for the shooting the the new, yet to be announced, sequel to Mad Max:Fury Road, leading actor Micheal Fore was furious. His palermo grey suit jacket was missing from his cloth rack and his astrologer had said that today he should wear that suit at a dinner with the producer and the director. He shouted:
    - "You, drone camera operator, hiding behind that ridiculous fake beard, did you take it, or did you take it  mud diver? I need it! Search for it you imbeciles!"

• ZetharaZethara Posts: 67

Zethara #1

The Great Dragon Adventure: Behind the Scenes

"Are you serious right now? I'm ruining your vision? You sent me a crappy toy set that someone didn't finish painting, a ridiculous squeaky toy dragon and a Barbie doll, and you expect me to create some amazing, dramatic dragon fight scene with it? Maybe you should try claymation... It can't be any worse-- Hey, what's wrong with you? You look like you're about to pass out..."

tag:luci45#5
    A Tangled Tale of Peter Pumpkin-Eater and Jack O'Lantern
    On the day before All Hallow's Eve, Peter Pumpkin-Eater's estranged wife showed up for her annual visit, talking her usual nonsense.
    "You can't keep the wandering spirits away with these foolish pumpkins, Peter. I should know, being a 'lost one' myself. You have to use honest vegetables from our own soil. Turnips or rutabagas"
    "Foolish woman, these pumpkins from the New World are glorious! They will keep the spirits at bay and make me a lot of money besides. And who is that fool in the tree outside my window?"
    "None other than lonely Jack O'Lantern."
    "Is that so?" Jack did not believe any of this nonsense. "The legendary 'Stingy Jack'? I will invite him in and make him my business partner." 
    Jack, having been fond of money when he was among the living, agreed to the offer, which Peter had made in jest. A profitable business venture was born and wandering ghosts everywhere were inspired to entrepreneurship, including Calais who founded the legendary "Burgers of Calais" restaurant chain in the USA. 

• aprilshowers2065aprilshowers2065 Posts: 703
    edited October 2023

aprilshowers2065: #1

Controversial  Casting Choice

With a restricted special effects budget, Jace and his assistant, Bernard, decided to make the controversal choice of 'recruiting' a real minotaur for their latest film, Theseus 2156.

RRRR1.png
    1667 x 2000 - 7M
    Post edited by aprilshowers2065 on

Gopherus #06

When I was Young I Used to Wait…

…And Brush Away the Blue Tail Fly.  Skeeters too…. They grow them mighty big in the bayous.

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028

bohemian3 #01

Ivar the Horrible - Streaming Now

tag:luci45#6
    Why The Hollywood Writer's Strike Ended
    Several of the Hollywood movie producers were thrilled by the latest writers' strike, because it would be cheap and hassle-free to just tell the AI to produce a script with all the best parameters, like aliens, time travel, busty babes and fifties musicals. After viewing the results, it was decided that AI wasn't quite ready yet.

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 415
    edited October 2023

katywhite:#1
    Title: Chaos is Behind the Crime Scenes
    Caption: Nobody ever notices Chaos, orchestrating in the background. They only notice the results.

RRR Chaos is Behind the Scenes ALT version patched Brightened.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by katywhite on
  • f.boschanski#1

Jippy Goes Nuts

When Gal Gadot was asked how she came to be an action hero actress, she replied:

"Even in my childhood,
    ya know... 
    when all the other girls wanted to be the princess,
    I always chose to be the knight.

My name was Jippy A.J.,
    And i was the toughest gal in town.".

• f.boschanskif.boschanski Posts: 188
    edited October 2023

f.boschanski#2

Pigs In Space

Did you know...  ?

when the muppets episode "pigs in space" was shot,
    it actually had a scene with Kermit dueling a Gamorrean.
    However, during the greenlit stage, the director found the
    Gamorreans outfit to be "too offensive" for a childrens TV show
    and therefore that part was cut from the final iteration.

Post edited by f.boschanski on

Gopherus #07

Night of the Triffids:  The Morning After

Having feasted indiscriminately the night before,  the emergency rooms are full of them.  What a chore pulling out the ammonites stuck in their craws!  They really should lay off the shellfish!  The EMTs would thank them.