Can Carrara assets be transfered to work in Daz Studio?

Can Carrara assets be transfered to work in Daz Studio? Sorry if this sounds silly - I neer ever used Carrara but saw interesting bundle here https://www.daz3d.com/country-lane-super-bundle and wondered if there is a way to be used with Daz Studio.

Comments

• no but Ultrascenery does a pretty good equivalent

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227

A way that it could work is to use a spherical camera in Carrara and make sky domes for Iray. Works pretty sweet.

Rather than do that, I just render to my movie proportions and use that as a backdrop when I assemble my movies.

This example only uses Carrara, but nowadays I'm using both Carrara and Daz Studio for my various movie elements - which would be even easier (using photoshop or the like) for stills

Another example, this was my homework for a PD Howler deep dive.

• The terrain is mostly still renders
    • Snow is an effect filter in PD Howler
    • Character is animated and rendered separately

Works really nice!

edited September 2023

In this one, the opening shot has an animated backdrop using the same camera movements as the character animation. But they're separate renders.

The car chase scene was all done together, which took forever. I just let it render until I needed my computer. Then I'd stop the render and pick back up when I was leaving my computer. Took a few days to get it done! LOL

The point being, don't let the fact that those products won't open in Daz Studio keep you from getting them if you like them. Howie's Carrara scenes are nothing short of breathtaking! And Carrara is a wonderful render solution!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on