Genesis 9 to 8 Converters

With more & more Genesis 9 products been released I believe it would be a good idea to have some converters that allow people to convert Genesis 9 clothing to Genesis 8.  I'm one who has no plans to switch to Genesis 9, but I would love to be able to use some of the Genesis 9 clothes on my Gen 8 Characters.  So can someone PLEASE make this converter?

Comments

• Yeah I've been wanting to see a desent one to convert hair from 9 to 8. I hope Riversoft Art will make one. 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

wintoons said:

Yeah I've been wanting to see a desent one to convert hair from 9 to 8. I hope Riversoft Art will make one. 

Hair is a tough one to convert.  The best solution for using hair for one figure on another has, for a long time, been to load the figure into DS in its default pose, load the hair without having the figure selected so that autofit doesn't kick in, then parent the hair to the figure's head, (drag and drop in the scene tab) then using the translation, rotation and scaling dials to fit as well as possible.  Also check the hair itself for adjustment dials to fine tune the fit.  This method will ensure that all the movement dials and such for the hair are kept.  This method will work regardless of which figure you are using or which figure the hair was intended for.  Due to all the different head shapes and hair styles, some will be more challenging then others to work with.

• Mattymanx said:

wintoons said:

Yeah I've been wanting to see a desent one to convert hair from 9 to 8. I hope Riversoft Art will make one. 

Hair is a tough one to convert.  The best solution for using hair for one figure on another has, for a long time, been to load the figure into DS in its default pose, load the hair without having the figure selected so that autofit doesn't kick in, then parent the hair to the figure's head, (drag and drop in the scene tab) then using the translation, rotation and scaling dials to fit as well as possible.  Also check the hair itself for adjustment dials to fine tune the fit.  This method will ensure that all the movement dials and such for the hair are kept.  This method will work regardless of which figure you are using or which figure the hair was intended for.  Due to all the different head shapes and hair styles, some will be more challenging then others to work with.

I'll try that. I'll see how it goes. 

• Although, I did try it, but it won't let me change the hair materials. 
    Anyway around it? 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

wintoons said:

Although, I did try it, but it won't let me change the hair materials. 
    Anyway around it? 

They are probably hierarchical materials. I just load the original hair on the intended figure , load the textures I know I will use and save as a material preset since that will now work for the converted hair

• felis said:

https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

Whilst that is helpful, it doesn't work on some items.  I really need Riversoft Art to make some converters

• I think a lot of us want some converters from RiverSoft Art.   I know I really want a Genesis 9 to 8 Clothing converter

While the clones will help you get content from one figure to another, it is not a converter.  Converting is a whole other matter altogether

FSMCDesigns said:

wintoons said:

Although, I did try it, but it won't let me change the hair materials. 
    Anyway around it? 

They are probably hierarchical materials. I just load the original hair on the intended figure , load the textures I know I will use and save as a material preset since that will now work for the converted hair

What he said.  

• Anyone know anyone else who might be able to make some converters?   RiverSoft is the main one, but whoelse makes cconverters?

marcicollins395 said:

Anyone know anyone else who might be able to make some converters?   RiverSoft is the main one, but whoelse makes cconverters?

Here's a converter that will help with G9 clothing! https://www.daz3d.com/figure-converter-for-genesis-9  wink

• FSMCDesigns said:

marcicollins395 said:

Anyone know anyone else who might be able to make some converters?   RiverSoft is the main one, but whoelse makes cconverters?

Here's a converter that will help with G9 clothing! https://www.daz3d.com/figure-converter-for-genesis-9  wink

Doesn't that just convert figures to Genesis 9?  I'm more hoping for something that converts from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8

marcicollins395 said:

FSMCDesigns said:

marcicollins395 said:

Doesn't that just convert figures to Genesis 9?  I'm more hoping for something that converts from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8

Yep! just pointing out that it might be easier to just transfer your character to G8 so that the G9 clothing works as intended.