Optitex dynamic cloth generation and transfer to studio

Have been scouting the internet for some answers but not much information out there and most of it old.

I do have the full version optitex, the full $10K one, for job purposes and therefor should be able to generate dynamic cloth from there. An older youtube optitex video is showing that a clt file could be imported into Studio.

is this no longer the case or is there a special plug-in required? 

Somebody enlighten me please.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

At this point, I'm not 100% sure if there is anyone on the boards that can help...it may be better to put a request in through support.

• ingoingo Posts: 52

Thanks, will do that to. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

There is only one PA with access to the product atm; another would be awesome. yes

SimonWM is the PA currently offering occasional Dynamic products - we need more, in case I've not said it. Perhaps try contacting him?

thanks, for that too. done. lets see whats coming out of it. you might get lucky and I will be able to generate dynamic cloth after all.

ingo said:

thanks, for that too. done. lets see whats coming out of it. you might get lucky and I will be able to generate dynamic cloth after all.

Not sure how much of a market there is, but I'd be interested; I'm not keen on the new content system, so can't say how likely I would be to buy if you went that way, but I can certainly understand folks objecting to their work being pirated - presuming it actually stops it.

I am not sure where this is going, would not have a problem if it would be just my own garments being used publicly for free, different storry if Iam doing contract work and have to spend extra time on it. Lets see. its all very exiting anyway.

ingo said:

I am not sure where this is going, would not have a problem if it would be just my own garments being used publicly for free, different storry if Iam doing contract work and have to spend extra time on it. Lets see. its all very exiting anyway.

If you want a tester, let me know. :)

thats the answer from optitex, 

We did create a plugin for DAZ for the CLT, but at the moment this has not been updated from lack of demand.  We are now perfecting the FBX format.

This should be done, by selecting the Variant in the Shader Manager, then selecting the Export Icon from there (Not saving the FBX in the Model window)
    This will created a .zip file with the FBX and textures information.

I dont know if those garments will still be dynamic.

cheers

Ingo

I'm still hopeful here.

Hope dies last. I had not have time yet to try the described way using the fbx but assumption is that it is not going to be dynamic.

Thanks JaguarElla, that is a very old description. DAZ 4.8 is no longer accepting CLT files. I dont know till what version this was possible. Maybe sombody got an old version still installed and would be able to try to import a clt? I guess the optitex plugin is necessary.

cheers

ingo

• You can try contacting DAZ customer support, they may provide you with an older compatible version

I have older versions, although not sure if I am permitted to pass a copy on: 4.6 and 4.7. I discovered early; I'm clearing up and out my backups.

you got the optitex plugin? if so are you able to import a clt file? should show up in the importable file formats.

• None of my old DS versions have it as an option which makes me think it is a dll from Optitex and they are being less than helpful to you given the cost of the software which leads me to think its about time DAZ integrated something like Nvidia clothworks all can use instead.

ingo said:

you got the optitex plugin? if so are you able to import a clt file? should show up in the importable file formats.

No, I don't have the optitex plugin; was just saying i have older versions of daz if u needed, and if I am permitted to pass it on.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2015
    nicstt said:
    ingo said:

No, I don't have the optitex plugin; was just saying i have older versions of daz if u needed, and if I am permitted to pass it on.

No you are not permitted to pass them on.  Daz 3D is the only one who can legally distribute Daz 3D products, however old.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:
    nicstt said:
    ingo said:

No you are not permitted to pass them on.  Daz 3D is the only one who can legally distribute Daz 3D products, however old.

Suspected as such; was hoping someone would clarify. TY