Cloth Question

MalusMalus Posts: 370
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there any way to take a model that is rigged that also has clothes on it and turn the clothes into soft body like objects that interact with your model when you are posing it.

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Yes, there is.

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited December 1969

How

edited December 1969

In general, you export the conforming clothing as an OBJ, then bring that into Bullet.

However, depending on the conforming clothing, it may be comprised of multiple separate sections, so you may have to do some welding.

edited December 1969

"In general, you export the conforming clothing as an OBJ, then bring that into Bullet." Can you elaborate on this part.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you have DAZ figures and clothes you don't even have to do that. Just select the object in the clothing's tree and set the physics. Now how well it works depends on the complexity of the clothes. Hell, even poser dynamic clothes will work if you don't mind polly pulling, Or you could do a cheep dirty rig on the poser dynamic clothes and parent the joints to pose it.

Ya, I've plaied around with this a lot lol, you have several options from with in carrara, especially with the tweaked physics in the 8.5 beta.

This is all poser dynamic cloths. http://youtu.be/7hqkDvLh1jI

edited December 1969

HEY STAN, YOU'RE !!!...

Oh wait, I promised....

edited August 2012

See this hat I want it to be floppy like cloth I tried rigging it with bones it doesn't work the way I want.
    I want the selected to be mainly the soft body.

links_hat_ii.jpg
    710 x 428 - 46K
    links_hat.jpg
    494 x 414 - 17K
    Post edited by Malus on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

lol! I could do that using the Carrara rigged bones in iClone with the spring effects modifier!
    I use it on lots of things, pity there is not a Daz/Poser/Carrara equivelant!
    Sparrowhawk's jiggle would be the closest thing.

edited December 1969

....it doesn't work the way I want..

Can you elaborate on this part?

edited December 1969

....it doesn't work the way I want..

Can you elaborate on this part?

Basically I want it to interact with everything like a piece of cloth would do without falling off his head the same with most of his other cloth. I would like his clothes to interact with the environment with out having to make a movie of it. I want it to collide with my model, interact with everything it bumps, I want the clothes to have different settings. My model has a thick hat on it should act like a thick hat, he has chain mail on it should act heavy. He has other objects attach to him. I just want more realism I can't help, but have yearning for that which is natural, and should somehow exist within this program, and I know at least 50 percent should be possible by now. I just don't know how to do it after the model is rigged.

edited December 1969

Also with the bones you would have to change it every time you want it to interact which is a hassle.

edited December 1969

You know there should be a cloth painter tool. You know where you can paint the way you weight paint on the object and choose what kind of cloth settings you want. I wonder how hard it would be to implement that.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You know there should be a cloth painter tool. You know where you can paint the way you weight paint on the object and choose what kind of cloth settings you want. I wonder how hard it would be to implement that.

Sparrowhawke's JIGGLE plugin works this way, combined with 3Dpaint you could paint the amount of jiggle onto a model (or fabric elasticity)
    edited December 1969

So I should take the hint and use the jiggle. With the jiggle deform does it work without me having to animate the sequencer/make a clip.