OT - Rome Reborn 3D initiative

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited November 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Just thought this was an interesting educational initiative that some forum folks might want to learn about.

http://romereborn.frischerconsulting.com/about.php

"Rome Reborn is an international initiative whose goal is the creation of 3D digital models illustrating the urban development of ancient Rome from the first settlement in the late Bronze Age (ca. 1000 B.C.) to the depopulation of the city in the early Middle Ages (ca. A.D. 550)."

Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited November 2015

Pimpy, What do you know about this project?

Wow, that is so cool!  I love Rome, we walked and walked when we went on a break a couple of years ago. Even though I have seen most of the main heritage sites, there's always something you have missed.

Thanks for posting this, Diomede. 

yes SileneUK

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • Diomede,

Your screen name implies classical culture...and you have surely delivered...This is wonderful. I had no idea that this project existed...The fly throughs and narration are especially fascinating. I was very disappointed in the movie Gladiator that they did not show much of the city itself. It looks like a lot of modelers will be kept busy for a long, long time.

Thanks for the post

Starboardtack

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

some body was doing models like this in Blender some time ago

• That looks awesome, wonder what a render license costs?

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274
    edited November 2015

@ Silene  - I live in Rome but  I had no idea about this project... Thank you Diomede for this information.yes

Post edited by pimpy on