Very odd problem - please advise

Hello all, I'm new here. If this has been covered I apologize, however I doubt this is common issue.

I'm using Daz 4.7 on OSX Yosemite. Having a scene fully set up, including a figure which I believe was Victoria 4.2 (or Misty 4.2), several clothing figures etc, a pose, and lights all set.

I've discovered that when applying a different pose to Vicky, or changing her XYZ location/rotation etc, all of the clothing figures move accordingly, however she does not move at all. Now, very interestingly, I have discovered that if I click her hip visibility in the scene tab after applying a different pose... making her hip invisible, and then making it visible again... the Vicky figure then moves accordingly and matching the clothing figures and pose properly.

Additionally, closing the file and reopening it doesn't change anything.

This is rather annoying, and does not happen with other figures even when added to the same scene to test it. So it's not any sort of file corruption or anything like that. It's a figure setting somewhere that got saved with this particular file, something that got turned on or turned off somehow. I've never come across this in all my years of using Daz and Poser. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

My first guess was going to be the Display Optimization setting in Preferences > Interface, but it's odd that it's just that figure.  Does it do this with a default V4.2 loaded from the .cr2?

• No it does not. I've saved a copy of the file that has another, fresh loaded figure of the same V4.2. Closed the file. Closed Daz Studio. Re-opened Daz Studio, re-opened the file. Same situation, just that one figure is affected.

It is some setting associated with only that figure, and it was inadvertantly saved with this "mystery setting" turned on or off.

That fact that everything works normally, only after making the characters hip invisible and then visible again, is the strangest thing. I should also note that it ONLY works making the hip invisible and visible again. Making the entire figure invisible, and then visible again, does not have any affect in correcting it. It's almost as if the Hip was somehow set as the main element for all intents and purposes, instead of the figure name, you know what I mean? Turning the character name invisible does make the whole figure invisible though, and I don't think it's possible to uhm... lack of terminology here but to, "re-prioritize" the pieces of a character. I seem to recall that this was possible in Poser, but I don't think, or don't know how, it is possible in Daz Studio 4.7.