Sci-fi labs causes Daz to crash if I render in Iray using his Pre!load lab

Sci-fi labs causes Daz to crash if I render in Iray using his Pre!load lab. Just wondering if anyone had had the same problem and possibly a solution. Thanks

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

What's the error message you get for crashing?

It's possible that your memory is too small to hold the entire scene during the render. For example, a 7GB scene can very well end up using 15GB during CPU render.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    BeeMKay said:

What's the error message you get for crashing?

It's possible that your memory is too small to hold the entire scene during the render. For example, a 7GB scene can very well end up using 15GB during CPU render.

Depending on size of the render and a few other factors, it can go above that...

For CPU rendering you need a minimum of 2x scene size and considerably more, if you plan on doing other things on your computer while rendering.

• There was a bug in the version of Iray in 4.8 that could cause a crash with certain items - I think the lab was one of them. If so the beta, 4.9, has a fixed version of Iray (despite the cloud-stuff in the name 4.9 uses your existing content, and new content installed by DIM, just as before).

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited November 2015

Like Richard said, there is a bug in 4.8 Iray, something handling materials.

For me SciFi lab and i13 daydream crashed using CPU and GPU together in 4.8 iray.

There is a workaround for 4.8 (in 4.9.0.21 BETA the bug is fixed)

In 4.8 uncheck CPU for rendering in photometric and interactive, just use GPU rendering - workaround worked for me.

Post edited by HoMart on
  • Thanks Haseltine and HoMart,it seemed something like that as the problem.I sent an error report to Daz technical but didn't get anything back.  Hopefully the none Beta 4.9 will be out soon. Again thanks for clearing this up for me.