Increase the font size of the clickable message box?

Aeon SoulAeon Soul Posts: 112

Does everybody know how to increase the font size of these clickable information message boxes?
They are handy, but the font is a bit too tiny.

I tried googling, but nothing I found worked in the very script, or let's say I did not manage to make it work.

Any tip would be appreciated!
Sil

fontsize.png
1040 x 1328 - 440K
Post edited by Aeon Soul on

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

If I was using that file a lot, I might see if I could make a larger .tip file, if that would do it. If not or for a one time use, save as a .png and then increase the size to your preference?

I am not that tech savvy, so take this for what it is worth.

Mary

• Aeon SoulAeon Soul Posts: 112
    edited October 2023

memcneil70 said:

If I was using that file a lot, I might see if I could make a larger .tip file, if that would do it. If not or for a one time use, save as a .png and then increase the size to your preference?

I am not that tech savvy, so take this for what it is worth.

Mary

Thanks for the reply, that's not an image though with a .tip file, is a little script that opens a message box in the main Daz Studio window.
    We include one or more in almost every product, so a one-off solution won't do :).

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

@Aeon Soul :

You should have posted this question in the Daz Studio Scripting forums for a better response, but I believe I might be able to help you here.

First, @memcneil70 's answer is not in regards to scripting, but for library image pop-ups to display larger library image while hovering over default image  --  Not the same as the info/warning/question/critical DzMessageBox pop-ups.

My scripts are littered with them guiding a user when they are in error, for confirmations, or helping to make a decision, but I would never use them as a one-off script for a Read-me where a user would have to memorize or keep re-opening the script (which has to be closed before user interaction with Studio) to help them with a product.

For that I would use a script to open a PDF with all the necessary information (Read-me) that can remain open while using Studio.  It can be accomplished with the DzTextBrowser.

It is used to open external files such as HTML, PDF, or text files.  An HTML sample can be found on the DazScript Samples page here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/general_ui/simple_text_browser_dialog/start

The secondary with this is you do not have the font issue as with the Studio pop-ups, because you can set the size, or user can manipulate the size in the OS native programs opening the files.

* The long and short of your question for the message box pop-up is; 1) For DS 4.x natively:  NO  --  The UI Qt code used for building Studio does not allow it, but the upgrade to later version of Qt for DS 5.x is supposed to give us this ability across the UI platform natively.  2) It can be done through custom scripting, and Praxis in the DazScript Scripting forums created a custom Parameters dialog which included custom font scaling  --  If you look into that script, you might be able to see how it can be applied to the message box script.  You can find it here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/87636/a-script-to-control-a-selected-property-with-large-font-size-and-preview-buttons

I hope this helps, but if you are asking because you are considering creating a Read-me pop-up for your products like the one you've shown, I implore you, please, consider the DzTextBrowser method instead  --  It's a far superior method, and I believe your customers will appreciate it.  I know I would...

• Aeon SoulAeon Soul Posts: 112
    edited October 2023

DaremoK3 said:

@Aeon Soul :

You should have posted this question in the Daz Studio Scripting forums for a better response, but I believe I might be able to help you here.

First, @memcneil70 's answer is not in regards to scripting, but for library image pop-ups to display larger library image while hovering over default image  --  Not the same as the info/warning/question/critical DzMessageBox pop-ups.

My scripts are littered with them guiding a user when they are in error, for confirmations, or helping to make a decision, but I would never use them as a one-off script for a Read-me where a user would have to memorize or keep re-opening the script (which has to be closed before user interaction with Studio) to help them with a product.

For that I would use a script to open a PDF with all the necessary information (Read-me) that can remain open while using Studio.  It can be accomplished with the DzTextBrowser.

It is used to open external files such as HTML, PDF, or text files.  An HTML sample can be found on the DazScript Samples page here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/general_ui/simple_text_browser_dialog/start

The secondary with this is you do not have the font issue as with the Studio pop-ups, because you can set the size, or user can manipulate the size in the OS native programs opening the files.

* The long and short of your question for the message box pop-up is; 1) For DS 4.x natively:  NO  --  The UI Qt code used for building Studio does not allow it, but the upgrade to later version of Qt for DS 5.x is supposed to give us this ability across the UI platform natively.  2) It can be done through custom scripting, and Praxis in the DazScript Scripting forums created a custom Parameters dialog which included custom font scaling  --  If you look into that script, you might be able to see how it can be applied to the message box script.  You can find it here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/87636/a-script-to-control-a-selected-property-with-large-font-size-and-preview-buttons

I hope this helps, but if you are asking because you are considering creating a Read-me pop-up for your products like the one you've shown, I implore you, please, consider the DzTextBrowser method instead  --  It's a far superior method, and I believe your customers will appreciate it.  I know I would...

Thanks for the answer and explanations!
    I'll try and have the message moved then. Ok, I moved the message!

I do often use the DzTextBrowser for longer Read-Mes and to open a .pdf instead, especially if we need to include pictures and such.
    But I confess I'm so used to this little script sometimes I forget or forgo to do that, so that was good advice!

Ok, then, for anything more than a pop-up I should take the habit to go a different route :).
    Thanks again,
    Sil

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

You are welcome, Aeon Soul.

Glad to have helped, and happy to see you are using the DzTextBrowser route as well.