Lack of male G9 real world clothing

Filtering for "Clothing" and for G9 figure gives around 1000 items currently, but looking through the pages, around 90-95% of all clothing is for females.

There is a clear lack of clothing for G9 male figures. Worse still, all of the clothing currently availble is either modern casual or, more commonly, some form of fanatasy and futuristic outfit.

Currently, there is nothing as simple as nice men's suit or shirt and tie with smart shoes for G9, but we can create roman legionnaire or viking?!

I'm trying to create a smart business man, preferably with a three peice suit - Trousers, shirt, tie, waist coast, jacket, shoes. This would be flexible so the tie and waist cost could be left out, making the outfir what is commonly seen in any modern smart work place. Try a Google search for "modern three piece suit" and check out the Images to see what I mean.

If anyone makes a good quality version, plase let me know.

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

I agree! I would ad to that list for G9: tuxedos, tails, proper coats that can be "worn" over the suit, nice, clean hairdos for both men and women. Good quality accessories like watches, handbags, classy jewelry, hats. 

If no classy and realistic hairstyles appear in the DAZ store I might end up buying Ornatrix and making some myself but I'd rather not spend $600 on a hair plugin that I first have to learn how to use. The same goes for Marvelous Designer.

Can we finally have some realistic normal and upscale clothing, hair and accessories for G9 instead of the steady stream of lingerie and outlandish outfits? 

• When I started with DAZ two decades ago, I bought a fair amount of fantasy items because they looked really cool, but the longer I used them, the more I realized so many of these fantasy outfits made no sense, and the nonsensical nature of them began to be a real deterrent. That is in no way a dig at the creators. Many of them are very high-quality items well worth the price considering the work that went into making them. However, as time passed I also grew out of the fantasy renders and wanted to make different renders with real-world items and characters, and I became very frustrated at the lack of good, functional real-world items. I've read the argument many, many times that vendors make what sells, and that's fair, considering for some this is their primary or only income. But people keep asking for certain things, so obviously there's a market for those things. Given how many more customers there are compared to years ago, surely there's some money to be made in creating those items. 

I would suggest going to this thread and asking for what you'd like to see:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/652026/underrepresented-styles-themes-eras

Even if it's already been mentioned, the more people who ask for something, the more chance there is of it being created.

@sazzyazzca - the same with me. Also, I visited the thread you suggested and put out there my two cents. Maybe someone will finally listen...

• UncannyValetUncannyValet Posts: 167
    edited October 2023

AOBB said:

If no classy and realistic hairstyles appear in the DAZ store I might end up buying Ornatrix and making some myself but I'd rather not spend $600 on a hair plugin that I first have to learn how to use. The same goes for Marvelous Designer.

The good thing about Marvelous Designer is that it expands exponentially the clothing you have access to. No-one with Marvelous Designer is asking "where can i get xyz clothing".  Look no further than the Marvelous Designer outfits available on places like Artstation etc. to see the amount of options, to say nothing of making your own clothing.

For realistic hair, we do have the SBH Editor for which I have a tutorial, but I agree Ornatrix is far superior. Unfortunately you will run into issues in your workflow using Ornatrix or Blender hair in Daz Studio, so will probably be easier to leave Daz Studio to do your rendering if you go that route. 

Post edited by UncannyValet on

@UncannyValet - I feel I will get sucked in by Marvelous Designer. The yearly subscription is $280 (I think) so it's not too bad. I wish there was a permanent license. Not a subscription fan. Ornatrix - I can get a permanent license but I am waiting for a new release for C4D. I was planing on making polygonal hair, not strand based hair which so far doesn't look so great to me and should work fine with DAZ (I'm guessing here). Yes, I'm planing on using the hair in DAZ with the DAZ renderer.

Still, I'd rather focus on creating likenesses of old Hollywood actresses and actors as I do now. I'd rather leave that other work to the vendors... Hint, hint.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,312
    G9 content isn't consistently labeled in terms of gender, but filtering or searching "masculine" G9 and clothing will show items more typically suitable for men. But it's likely also going to hide some clothes that aren't tagged masculine that are also suitable.
  • A men's suit is very hard to create due to the amount of tailoring that goes in making a proper jacket in real life. A suit jacket is made for one body in real life, and to try to make it conform to many body types makes it look off putting. I think the best way to deal with the problem for us is to make a bundle and have add-ons for the various bodytypes. I'd like to have one that has pleated pants, too. With a bundle and add-ons, it would be easy to do vintage male clothing of the last 100 years as long as we pay attention to the rise of the pants.