V4 cloth to G3 figure , deformation after save the scene

Morning gentlemen ~

sorry for an issue to bother you :)

1. I have one cloth for V4
  2. I conformed it to G3
  3. auto fit worked well , OK, the cloth touch the G3 skin well.
  4. save the scene.
  5. the second day, I open this scene , the cloth become so fat......
before.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 242K
after.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 280K

Comments

• Try saving the clothing as a Figure Asset (File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure/prop Asset, set the Author name to AutoFitsG3F and the Product to the name of the clothing, then choose a folder in your My Library folder and save the preset for loading). I don't know if that will fix the issue, but it needs to be tried first.

• kyoreonakyoreona Posts: 173

Try saving the clothing as a Figure Asset (File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure/prop Asset, set the Author name to AutoFitsG3F and the Product to the name of the clothing, then choose a folder in your My Library folder and save the preset for loading). I don't know if that will fix the issue, but it needs to be tried first.

thank you for answering

I 've done as the picture, but when I save the scene and open it again , the cloth become fat again.

DDD.png
    1105 x 622 - 73K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,598

Hi Richard, I'm just curious but why would changing the author name and resaving fix the problem? 

Looking at the picture it looks to me like a weight mapping issue of some sort. I'm not familiar with the gen3 weightmapping as I haven't had chance to try it but when I had something similar occur with an outfit it was a problem with weightmapping in the wrong area. Not sure of the sections on Gen3 so I can't even suggest where to look but I would try looking at the weightmaps in the pelvic and upper leg area. It looks like the clothing is stretching as it follows the leg pose.

Pendraia said:

Hi Richard, I'm just curious but why would changing the author name and resaving fix the problem? 

Looking at the picture it looks to me like a weight mapping issue of some sort. I'm not familiar with the gen3 weightmapping as I haven't had chance to try it but when I had something similar occur with an outfit it was a problem with weightmapping in the wrong area. Not sure of the sections on Gen3 so I can't even suggest where to look but I would try looking at the weightmaps in the pelvic and upper leg area. It looks like the clothing is stretching as it follows the leg pose.

Hi Pendraiatr

In fact the problem is not only the pants, all of this cloth pack have this problem .Pose has never been changed , the whole cloth got fat but still cover the G3's skin .

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Pendraia said:

I'm guessing that AutoFitsG3F is an attempt at a standardized name for saving them under...that way all of them would be in the same location, separated by product.

The rest was saving it as an actual asset and not just a scene file. 

• Saving as an asset was just something that I hoped might help, not something that I was sure would help (though - did you resave the scene after saving the asset - if not the scene will still be pointed at the auto-adapted Data).

I don't really know how your way works.

Do I have to double-click something in the content library after saving an asset ? Or just reload the scene without doing anything , DAZ will read the asset itself ?

There are 4 blank in the dialog which are a little different with what you said , alittle confuse me..

asset directory :1

vendor name:2

product name :3

item name :4

These 4 blanks ,which one is important? which one I can left it blank or I can fill it with any name I like ?

Saving as an asset was just something that I hoped might help, not something that I was sure would help (though - did you resave the scene after saving the asset - if not the scene will still be pointed at the auto-adapted Data).

• No, the scene won't hook up to the asset - you'd need to make sure the item was working, possibly by a fresh conversion, then save as an asset, then save the scene (in other words it won't fix things in retrospect, only going forwards - assuming ti does an iota of good).

1 is any content directory you like - it just tells DS which Data folder to use. Use the \Daz 3D\Studio\My Library folder in your documents folder if you have left the defaults

2 is the author name - you for soemthing you created by I suggests omething like AutoFitsG3F for conversions so you keep them separate from stuff you may make yourself; Product and Item can come from the names of the actual items - the set and the clothing item within the set. Those names are used for the folder and file names in the Data folder.