using the Squirrels in rara?

trying to work with the daz squirrel and the 3du squirrel.

i select hand, but the grasp control doesn't work.
grasp control is so convenient, and handy :D,  can't figure a way to make it work?

and something with the eye texture on 3du squirrel.  I can see it in render, but not the preview?
is difficult to position eye when can't see where he's lookin

Thanks.

scap handgrasp param doesnt work.JPG
947 x 728 - 101K
scap toonsquirrel.JPG
802 x 673 - 94K
squirl toon eye.png
1200 x 831 - 783K

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

Hi Misty,

The grasp doesn't work on Daz squirrel so have to manually do it ( I could never get it to work anyways ) :-(

however it should work on 3DU squirrel :-)

Using Carrara 8.5Pro here

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

grasp is one tedious posing task.  >.<  squirrel just wants to hold his nuts.  :) 

Nutley Squirrel

do you think it's worth effort to submit a support ticket?

daz squirrel doesn't say rara compatible, will they support such content in carrara?

• MistyMist said:

grasp is one tedious posing task.  >.<  squirrel just wants to hold his nuts.  :) 

Nutley Squirrel

You can easily get him to hold his nuts selecting all his digits I imagine, not tried but humans you can do that

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited November 2015

yes can select all joints holding shift and turn first 1's then 2's

Capture.JPG
    1928 x 1048 - 253K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

thanks!  posing manually one solution, lol.

guessing, maybe grasp control not working due to the way ERCs are set up? 

whelp, i submitted a support ticket on how to get daz squirrel grasp to work.  theyll prolly tell me to post question in the forum >.<

daydreaming a fantasy of setting up parameter tab sliders for trans,rotate,scale.
    those ittybitty arrows on motion tab impossible to see after midnight, with or without rumballs :D

good luck with that cool

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    MistyMist said:

Nutley Squirrel

You can easily get him to hold his nuts selecting all his digits I imagine, not tried but humans you can do that

thanks for that advice Wendy .....

• MistyMist said:

Nutley Squirrel

Yes, humans can grab their nuts. But only the ones that have nuts. Although sometimes, the humans without nuts can grab the nuts of a human that has them, and sometimes it is actually pleasant. There are times when it is not pleasant, like when you don't want another human to grab your nuts, or if they are angry when grabbing your nuts, because then you are afraid they may damage them, or the sack where you store your nuts. Many humans know that nothing is worse than a damaged nut sack. Well, that's not entirely true. With winter coming on, many humans feel that the cold is the worse thing that can happen to their nuts. Unfortunately, nut sacks don't provide much insulation, and damaged nut sacks even less so. This is why it is so important for humans to be able to grasp their nuts. If they are wearing mittens, it can provide more insulation to keep the nuts in your nut sack warm.

Squirrels on the other hand don't need to grasp their nuts as a human would. They have different ways of making sure their nuts are safely stored in their nut sacks. For instance, I have heard that squirrels bury their nuts for the winter. This sounds fine, but if they forget where they're at, it makes it hard to grasp their nuts. They also don't need to grasp their nuts while wearing mittens, as they can just wrap their fluffy tails around their nuts to keep them from freezing. Besides, how ridiculous would it be to see a squirrel with mittens holding their nuts! I'm all for animal kindness though, so if you see a squirrel this winter that can't keep its nuts warm, then as a favor, catch that squirrel and hold its nuts in your mitten'ed hand!

EP... a render explaining it would help surprise

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited November 2015
    Stezza said:

As soon as Misty figure oout how to get her squirrel to grasp his nuts, I'll start on it. ;-P

Edited to add I tried to type this post and attempt to grasp my nuts at the same time. Sadly, my nuts are to big to grasp and type simultaneously. Darned Walnuts!

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2015

A squirrel's inability to properly grasp nuts is probably the only thing limiting their ability to build seige weapons - without nuts everything they build just falls apart under the strain, so we should not be encouraging squirrel to get better at grasing nuts. Let them stick to what they can make with just wood glue.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

LOL!

I must say that I agree with Wendy. Posing hands is something that really isn't that bad - and is a good thing to get used to doing.

EP,

Just beautiful, my friend! Nicely written!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    MistyMist said:

Nutley Squirrel

Yes, humans can grab their nuts. But only the ones that have nuts. Although sometimes, the humans without nuts can grab the nuts of a human that has them, and sometimes it is actually pleasant. There are times when it is not pleasant, like when you don't want another human to grab your nuts, or if they are angry when grabbing your nuts, because then you are afraid they may damage them, or the sack where you store your nuts. Many humans know that nothing is worse than a damaged nut sack. Well, that's not entirely true. With winter coming on, many humans feel that the cold is the worse thing that can happen to their nuts. Unfortunately, nut sacks don't provide much insulation, and damaged nut sacks even less so. This is why it is so important for humans to be able to grasp their nuts. If they are wearing mittens, it can provide more insulation to keep the nuts in your nut sack warm.

Squirrels on the other hand don't need to grasp their nuts as a human would. They have different ways of making sure their nuts are safely stored in their nut sacks. For instance, I have heard that squirrels bury their nuts for the winter. This sounds fine, but if they forget where they're at, it makes it hard to grasp their nuts. They also don't need to grasp their nuts while wearing mittens, as they can just wrap their fluffy tails around their nuts to keep them from freezing. Besides, how ridiculous would it be to see a squirrel with mittens holding their nuts! I'm all for animal kindness though, so if you see a squirrel this winter that can't keep its nuts warm, then as a favor, catch that squirrel and hold its nuts in your mitten'ed hand!

Ha ha :) I nearly spilt my laptop into my coffee.

Now, if English wasn't my second language I'd be able to understand how a squirrel could get the mitten on in the first place....

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Stezza said:

Yes, a n image is worth 200 words . . . (used to be worth more but, you know, "the economy"!)

ohh, thaz why squirrels have those fluffy tails. :D

sigh, well, no squirrel love from technical support. they not gonna look at it.

handfist works for the 3du squirrel 

meerkat doesnt' have a hand cntl

scap 3du squirrel.JPG
    887 x 684 - 96K

aah hhaaaa  wasn't seeing the 3du squirrel's irises in working window.
    had to click transparency in the Interactive Render Settings.

see, perseveerence

scap ipr transparency.JPG
    837 x 721 - 97K