Runtime Library Migration

I need to migrate my library to another HD.  Currently some of it is on my solid state drive (C),  I don't want to run out of space on that; need to keep that one more lean for bootup etc.  Some of it is on (E) my HD which is where I want all of it.  Does anyone have some good suggestions on safely migrating and organizing the content?  I would also like to consolidate and eliminate some folders.  For example, I'd like to eliminate the "Studio 3" folder in favor of "My Library".  Also it would be great to migrate the "Poser Format" in the the "My Library" folder and eliminate the old folder once complete.

I just don't want to screw things up in the process. cheeky  Most of my library is DAZ, but a few things are from other sources.  Thanx.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

I assume you aren't moving your DIM-installed files, just other stuff?

Export User Data first -- that savres your custom categories and tags in Runtime/Support in your first DS-format content folder.  All of the metadata files have relative paths only, so after exporting user data, remove the paths you're no longer using in DS Content Directory Manager, and move all your content into whatever locations you want to keep.  Make sure you don't nest content folders, for example move what's underneath one content folder so it's underneath the other.  The important thing is making sure the Runtime and Data folders get merged, so they are all directly underneath "My Library" or whatever content folder you want to keep.  After youve moved everything, reset the database and re-import metadata.

• krickerdkrickerd Posts: 188
    edited November 2015

Thanks Mike.  Actually "My Library" is currently on C drive where I don't want it.  The "Poser Formats" is on E where I do want it. My Personal folder is on E.  I forget how to export user data.  I'm looking but don't see the option.

Essentially I have 2 objectives: 1) Move "My Library" to drive E.  2) Reduce the number of content folders so items don't appear in multiple folders and make the locations more intuitive for easier locating of items. 

Categories seems to work a bit better in this latest public release.  In older versions, sometimes categorizing items simply did not work.  So that should help a bit too.

Post edited by krickerd on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

from the Content Library pane Options menu, Content DB Maintenance > Export User Data

• krickerdkrickerd Posts: 188

Oh I see, right click on the Content Library Tab.