[Released] Ultimate Simulation Visibility [Commercial]

Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554
edited October 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi everyone, have you ever:

• Been frustrated with how long a dForce simulation takes?
  • Been annoyed with cloth explosions and poke-through caused by body part collision during simulation?

Ultimate Simulation Visibility can help you with both of these issues, the latest product from Josh Darling and I!

It's an easy to use script dialog that provides global scene and figure specific options, supporting all Genesis generations. It works by toggling the Visible in Simulation property on the affected nodes.

The bigger your scene and the more dForce items it contains, the more time you can save when simulating :)

Link to store page

popup_01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 783K
popup_02.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 414K
popup_03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 958K
popup_04.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 994K
popup_05.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 789K
Post edited by Silas3D on

Comments

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554
    edited October 2023

Top Tips and FAQ

Recommended Workflow for Simulation Speed Optimisation

1. Build your scene with figures, props, environments etc, but do not add dForce items yet.
    2. Run the script and press Hide All button, then Accept.
    3. Add dForce items such as clothing and hair.
    4. Select a figure that is wearing dForce clothing and/or hair.
    5. Run the script again and press all figure buttons that will need to collide with the clothing/hair, then Accept.
    6. Repeat for other any other figures that have dForce clothing or hair.
    7. Run simulation.

Recommended Workflow for Clothing Explosion or Pokethrough Prevention

1. Add figure and clothing to scene
    2. Choose desired animation settings, eg timeline simulation, start from memorized etc.
    3. With figure selected, run the script and unpress any figure buttons where connected body part would pass through the cloth or push it through another part of the body, then Accept.
    4. Run simulation.

Speed Up Scene Selection When Using Selected/Unselected Global Scene Options 

You can select all children of a figure (in this context anything with a skeleton/hierarchy of bones). To do this, right-click the root of the figure in the Scene tab and then select Select > Select Children. This will also select parented props/figures.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

Brilliant! Looking forward to the release!

• Figure buttons = insta buy.  Sooner the better smiley

crosswind said:

Brilliant! Looking forward to the release!

Thank you for the support! 

Saxa -- SD said:

Figure buttons = insta buy.  Sooner the better smiley

Thank you! You shouldn't have to wait too long wink 

• Looks really interesting. I hope it solves my "The tunic looks like a grenade exploded near the left shoe" effects

GhostofMacbeth said:

Looks really interesting. I hope it solves my "The tunic looks like a grenade exploded near the left shoe" effects

Hehe it certainly sounds like it could be a collision causing your explosive tunic, in which case I think USV would help!

Figure buttons = insta buy.  Sooner the better smiley

You'll be glad to hear it was released today! :)
  • I need to test this with Daz Dog 8, but so far really good. Especially since digging up the limbs can be a PAIN to do and you don't always know HOW far you have to go with the cancelling.

Great to hear! The global scene options will work with anything that has the visible in simulation property on it.
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    I want to buy it but some more usage examples would be great before I do.
    AnEye4Art said:
    I want to buy it but some more usage examples would be great before I do.
    Was there something in particular you were looking for? The main uses for this product are to prevent explosions or pokethrough caused by body parts passing through cloth when simulating, and speeding up simulation time by hiding everything in the scene from simulation except for critical items. Both of these have been covered...
    I am not an avid Daz user, just casual, so something like this will not be needed. I just have to be convinced that I really need it. I know of pokethroughs and explosions, but I hardly experience them.
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2023

Thankyou, thankyou! heart
    Just bought and tested.
    Not having to move hands, or in some cases disabling say for example, pelvis and thighs figure buttons, well just makes dF so much faster and fun!
    Feels on same level contributing to my workflow speed as riversoft's dF2morph, speaking of just dF.

Am greedy, lol, so wanted to ask.
    Is there anyway, that dF-sim could be made to pause, then toggle figure buttons differently, and resume sim?
    Rarely have explosions anymore, even with hands into cloth, with Daz improvements and maybe my settinges etc, but your toggle for figure buttoms totally changes how cloth will move.
    Would love to take advantage of that even more with a pause/resume.
    Know it's highly unlikely, but given you made this, well had to ask.  smiley

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited October 2023

AnEye4Art said:

I am not an avid Daz user, just casual, so something like this will not be needed. I just have to be convinced that I really need it. I know of pokethroughs and explosions, but I hardly experience them.

Anyone that dForces clothes for example (the most common dF item) will have mesh that cannot properly move anytime hands are on hips or anywhere against the body.  This top-notch script changes that.

For example, cloth moves over hip and ignores hand on same hip when you disable dF for that hand with this script.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • VargrVargr Posts: 22

Saxa -- SD said:

AnEye4Art said:

Anyone that dForces clothes for example (the most common dF item) will have mesh that cannot properly move anytime hands are on hips or anywhere against the body.  This top-notch script changes that.

For example, cloth moves over hip and ignores hand on same hip when you disable dF for that hand with this script.

Thank you for that easy to understand example. I hoped it was something like this it would do but I didn't really understand the product description. I believe this will find its way into my cart.

The value of this product was evident from the start, heck, it was in my cart right away. I just could not pull the trigger and buy it. Trust me, I am trying to find a reason, other than described, to buy it. I bought dForce Assistant a while back because it catered to an issue I struggled with - getting a chair and cloth to interact well.

Saxa -- SD said:

Thankyou, thankyou! heart
    Just bought and tested.
    Not having to move hands, or in some cases disabling say for example, pelvis and thighs figure buttons, well just makes dF so much faster and fun!
    Feels on same level contributing to my workflow speed as riversoft's dF2morph, speaking of just dF.

Am greedy, lol, so wanted to ask.
    Is there anyway, that dF-sim could be made to pause, then toggle figure buttons differently, and resume sim?
    Rarely have explosions anymore, even with hands into cloth, with Daz improvements and maybe my settinges etc, but your toggle for figure buttoms totally changes how cloth will move.
    Would love to take advantage of that even more with a pause/resume.
    Know it's highly unlikely, but given you made this, well had to ask.  smiley

Thank you for the lovely feedback! 

Unfortunately that is one of the drawbacks of dForce in its current form is that you can't pause the simulation, or simulate from a specific point.

You also can't animate most properties (ie changing value at different points of the timeline). To my knowledge out of the box its limited to transform properties (translate, rotate and scale) and dforce surface settings - someone may have created a utility that allows you to animate more properties but I don't know if such a thing exists.

Vargr said:

Saxa -- SD said:

AnEye4Art said:

Thank you for that easy to understand example. I hoped it was something like this it would do but I didn't really understand the product description. I believe this will find its way into my cart.

I'm sorry that you didn't understand the product description, I do try my best to keep it plain English whilst still describing what the product does. Thank you for the support!
    AnEye4Art said:

The value of this product was evident from the start, heck, it was in my cart right away. I just could not pull the trigger and buy it. Trust me, I am trying to find a reason, other than described, to buy it. I bought dForce Assistant a while back because it catered to an issue I struggled with - getting a chair and cloth to interact well.

Not every utility will be suitable for every customer, some prefer to do things manually for example. The goal of my utility products has always been to make it easier and more enjoyable for the customer to do some of the more complex or repetitive tasks, so that you can spend more time on the fun stuff. Would be lovely if you did decide to buy it, but absolutely no pressure and I appreciate the consideration :)
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

I would love to see a quick video of how to use the product. I';m purchasing it either way, but it just makes learning how to use it easier for me personally. Thank you for making what appears to be a very useful tool.

edited October 2023

Worlds_Edge said:

I would love to see a quick video of how to use the product. I';m purchasing it either way, but it just makes learning how to use it easier for me personally. Thank you for making what appears to be a very useful tool.

Apologies for the delay replying, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do that in a timely manner due to unexpected life issues taking up all my time at the moment. Allow me to provide some more info in case it helps, there is also a PDF guide included with the product.

We've purposely made it to be very simple and easy to use - all the buttons in the dialog control the on/off state of the 'Visible in Simulation' property, a property which hides the connected geometry from simulation.

A pressed button means the 'Visible in Simulation' property is on, an unpressed button means it's off and the connected geometry would be hidden from simulation.

The 'Global Scene' options work based on node selection - a node is any part of a 3D prop or figure you can select in the 'Scene' tab, or select in the viewport directly, eg with a rigged ponytail hair that could be one of the parts of the ponytail.

The buttons are clearly labelled with show and hide options for whole scene (all), selected and unselected.

The 'Selected Figure' options work in the same way, only targeting specific parts of Genesis figures. I hope this helps!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Thank you. I hope everything is and/or will be okay. This is everything I need.

• Just had a bit of a play with this this morning and it worked really well, thanks for providing a widget that makes life so much easier!

Thank you. I hope everything is and/or will be okay. This is everything I need.

Great! Thank you :)

Just had a bit of a play with this this morning and it worked really well, thanks for providing a widget that makes life so much easier!

Thank you for the great feedback, that was exactly the goal of the product so it's wonderful to hear it's working as intended! :)
  • Silas3D said:

Thank you for the lovely feedback! 

Unfortunately that is one of the drawbacks of dForce in its current form is that you can't pause the simulation, or simulate from a specific point.

You also can't animate most properties (ie changing value at different points of the timeline). To my knowledge out of the box its limited to transform properties (translate, rotate and scale) and dforce surface settings - someone may have created a utility that allows you to animate more properties but I don't know if such a thing exists.

Sorry for late reply.   Thank you for clarifying nothing else possible with current form of dF.  Will keep using the workarounds of dF2Morph and your indispensible script!