hi Emrys & Sabby -- why does... ?

hi Emrys & Sabby

why does your product 'ES3D Elven: Tauriel and Thalius HD Add On' require the Tauriel or Thalius characters ?

i for one already have enough characters but would love to use that add on and textures with the g9 characters i have

i would assume others might like to do the same... would you not sell more if you did not make the product require your characters ?

thanks

frank

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

The material presets most likely use some textures from the original characters.

• squirrelysquirrely Posts: 159

Leana said:

The material presets most likely use some textures from the original characters.

yeah.. probably something like that ...

just too bad... it looks like a great add-on... but can only be used with their 2 characters crying

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

squirrely said:

Leana said:

yeah.. probably something like that ...

just too bad... it looks like a great add-on... but can only be used with their 2 characters crying

usually they added upon the original morph of the character that is needed more than using the textures in my experience. You can always purchase something and try it out and see if it works and if not return it no problem

• Most of it should work fine without the original characters. I'm not sure if there are eyebrows in the add-on, but the textures are all there (other than the human ones, obviously). The ear morphs apply separately from the base morphs. 

butterflyfish said:

Most of it should work fine without the original characters. I'm not sure if there are eyebrows in the add-on, but the textures are all there (other than the human ones, obviously). The ear morphs apply separately from the base morphs. 

hi butterfish

do you have the add-on product ?

thanks

frank

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited October 2023

I uninstalled the base product just to see because I was curious also.  I mainly only tested the Tauriel material files because i figure its going to be the same with both.  You will get missing file errors but for the most part everything seems to work.  I say this with trepitation because it is possible that not all makeups will work correctly because most are built on top of the head textures so keep that in mind.   For this testing I used bluejauntes Tyler base mats.

Here is what I found:

All morphs (ears, teeth and nails) all work fine.

The 4 all mat colors seem to work fine,  of course the color you get will possibly be affected by the base texture you use.  You do receive missing file errors but as far as I can tell it leaves the ones that are already there.

The eyebrows mats do not work with the default load eyebrows with gen 9 or with alternate eyebrows.  (Gives a missing UV error)

Eyelashes work. Missing textures error.

Eyecolors work.  No error.

Glitters work

Eye makeup works. Missing textures error.

Nails work.

Geoshells work.

Image (No Base Loaded):

Image using Tauriel base:

TaurielTestingTM.jpg
    1500 x 928 - 684K
    TaurielTestingTM2.jpg
    1500 x 928 - 685K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • squirrely said:

butterflyfish said:

Most of it should work fine without the original characters. I'm not sure if there are eyebrows in the add-on, but the textures are all there (other than the human ones, obviously). The ear morphs apply separately from the base morphs. 

hi butterfish

do you have the add-on product ?

thanks

frank

Yes, I bought both products. 

Hi Daventaki,

thank you so much for trying this out... this gives what i need to decide if give the add-on a try

take care

frank