Does the Garibalidi hair system

I found it isn't a problem to export prop hair from Daz3d studio into Iclone 6, then in Iclone use weight mapping and have dynamic hair.

Does the Garibaldi hair system create prop hair, or provide abiltiy to export as OBJ file?

The hair in Iclone is still minimal and expensive.

I'm not interested to producte content for sale, only for my own use in videos.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

well yes, but that obj will be huge. not really iclone sized. hundreds of thousands of polys, millions...

• well yes, but that obj will be huge. not really iclone sized. hundreds of thousands of polys, millions...

I have the Daz3d Decimator tool, what do you think?

edited November 2015

Personally I don't think it will work well because you want to rig it later. Decimator does a solid job at what it does, but it doesn't leave the mesh in optimal condition to be rigged cleanly.

I would expect a pretty ugly decimation job frankly.

Even if you didn't decimate it, I think that rigging the hair would probably be a chore because of how dense it is. 

Oh and I don't know how the dynamic hair works in iClone, you sure you could import some mesh hair and it be dynamic?

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Yes, I have imported some hair from Daz studio content (OBJ Prop Hair) via 3dxchange into Iclone.

Then used the weight mappig tool in IClone, which resulted in dynamic hair results.

It works well enough.

OK the density of the GH or LAMH stuff is a lot more than standard prop hair assuming you want it to look decent. Especially long hair. (if it was short, I don't think you would even need dynamic).