La Femme Criminelle - The Kats Episode 9 Animation all done in Daz Studio

wintoonswintoons Posts: 371
edited October 2023 in Art Studio

I wanted to share this animation clip I worked on a while back which was all done in Daz Studio before I got into Omniverse and Unreal Engine 5. 
The voices were done using AI but now I use real actors for the series. Don't aske me how long it took to render LOL.  

Post edited by wintoons on

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,347

These are excellent for the story telling and the production value. Top notch editing and camera work.  Hopefully you will share links to the Unreal engine scenes when they are available. Because the story is good and we need to know what happens next! 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,347

Just watched 9, 10, 11  are there more after these?  

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

FirstBastion said:

Thanks FirstBastion! Yes, I'm working on Episode 12 but it's going to be in UE5. Which is going to make it alot quicker to render. Also, too hair and cloth physics will be in it as well to give the presentation a little more realism. 
    It is going to take time but I will keep everyone informed by updates. 

• David RDavid R Posts: 214
    edited October 2023

wintoons said:

I wanted to share this animation clip I worked on a while back which was all done in Daz Studio before I got into Omniverse and Unreal Engine 5. 
    The voices were done using AI but now I use real actors for the series. Don't aske me how long it took to render LOL.  

Wow!  All that in DAZ?  I can't begin to imagine all the work that went into it.  And the result is so professional! 

Post edited by David R on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

wintoons said:

FirstBastion said:

Thanks FirstBastion! Yes, I'm working on Episode 12 but it's going to be in UE5. Which is going to make it alot quicker to render. Also, too hair and cloth physics will be in it as well to give the presentation a little more realism. 

wintoons,

I saw Episode 11. Great work! Please keep it up.

In your experience do you see mesh deformations in the animations when using UE5? I deal with clothing tears, peak throughs and odd shapes with Daz. While I've read that merging all the meshes and making sure they have good topology addresses this problem, I wonder the render platform is another factor. Would like to hear about your experiences on this switching from Daz to Unreal.

Cheers!

David R said:

wintoons said:

Wow!  All that in DAZ?  I can't begin to imagine all the work that went into it.  And the result is so professional! 

Thank you David! :)

csaa said:

wintoons said:

FirstBastion said:

wintoons,

I saw Episode 11. Great work! Please keep it up.

In your experience do you see mesh deformations in the animations when using UE5? I deal with clothing tears, peak throughs and odd shapes with Daz. While I've read that merging all the meshes and making sure they have good topology addresses this problem, I wonder the render platform is another factor. Would like to hear about your experiences on this switching from Daz to Unreal.

Cheers!

Thanks CSAA! Actually I don't use Daz bridge for Unreal I use iClone and Character Creator 4 simply because they are better animation tools than Daz. Plus I do a number of things as well which Daz can't really do. (Maybe not yet unless Daz 5 has got something up it's sleeve)